December 22, 2014

Price Is Right host search down to two?

by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 12th 2007 1:25PM

PlinkoIt looks like the long search for the new host of The Price Is Right is down to two: Sarah Silverman and David Hasselhoff.

Just kidding! The New York Post is reporting that producers have narrowed it down to two contestants: Mark Steines and Todd Newton. Steines is a host on Entertainment Tonight (he'll keep the job if he gets the PIR gig), and Newton has hosted several game shows, including a PIR show in Las Vegas. The pay for the job is reportedly near $3 million a year. Nice.

Hmmm...I'm not sure about this. But I guess they're both competent hosts. It looks like producers are going for the safer choices (male, slightly older, experienced) than going with someone like Mario Lopez or Ian Ziering.

Mary Boyle

If Drew Carey is the new host, you will lose me a faithful watcher for 10 years.

September 24 2007 at 8:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sun

Please not Drew Carey! I heard that J Eddie Peck was
up for TPIR? I've been watching him on Kyle XY. I know he hosted Miss Usa and Teen a few years back. Great Voice, looks, charm! class act, like Bob.

July 21 2007 at 12:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gary Nielsen

Ken Jennings of Jepardy fame would be a great selection. He is young, articulate and has plenty of knowledge.

July 20 2007 at 3:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Guido

The obvious want a no-name so the "show" is the attraction, not the host. Bob Barker became famous because the show..

July 13 2007 at 10:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

It looks like producers are going for the safer choices (male, slightly older, experienced) than going with someone like Mario Lopez or Ian Ziering?

Todd Newton is six years younger than Ian Ziering.

July 13 2007 at 6:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brian

Todd Newton all the way. I saw him host the live stage show in Vegas, and he was outstanding.

July 12 2007 at 8:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KMF

The need a silver fox for the show! Not some young guy. Niether one for me! I think George Hamilton would be the best. But since they're going with generic guys, no thanks. It's been nice knowing you TPiR!

July 12 2007 at 2:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I agree that Marc Summers should be the new host.

And anyone but Rosie, but these two... ehh....

July 12 2007 at 2:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tristan

Well both of these people are better than Rosie :) Regardless, I will miss Bob but it will be amazing when he comes around for special guest appearances (sorta like when Raven visits Corey in the House on Disney). But regardless both are good, My schedule for this next semester will let me be able to watch Price Is Right three times a week.

July 12 2007 at 2:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lucyfan62

Please NOT Todd Newton! He's so annoying!!! My vote is for Mark Steines - and he's easy on the eyes!

July 12 2007 at 2:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply