October 23, 2014

Farscape to become Web series, along with webisodes of Battlestar Galactica

by Adam Finley, posted Jul 16th 2007 9:44AM

farscapeSome cool news for fans of Farscape: the series is coming back in the form of ten new webisodes. As of this moment no actors and writers have been attached to the project, nor have any storylines been announced. According to the Post Gazette, if the Web series is successful enough, the series could return to television. I'd say that's quite a long shot (the series went off the air in 2003), but I certainly wouldn't complain if it came back. I was late getting into Farscape, but I thought it was fun and imaginative.

Farscape was co-produced by the Jim Henson Company and centered on an astronaut who is sucked through a wormhole and ends up in a distant part of the universe among a group of escaped prisoners, themselves caught up in the midst of a vast conflict.

Also, a series of Battlestar Galactica shorts will hit the SciFi Channel in November (later airing on the SciFi Web site). The series will feature Nico Cortez as a young Adama who finds a Cylon weapon. The minisodes tie into the upcoming Razor film that hits SciFi on November 24.

[via Dark Horizons]

joe

Also spelled incorrectly is the actor portraying "Young Adama". It's NICO CORTEZ. NOT Nick Cortez. Man, who proofreads these things.

August 21 2007 at 12:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Usama

I've been meaning to watch Farscape. I'm on the last season of SG-1 (was unable to watch it while it aired) and I like the actor that plays Mitchell and of course I love Claudia Black. It seems to me, given the comments on this page, that this show is worth a Netflix queue-ing.

July 16 2007 at 8:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pamela

Wooohooooo!

July 16 2007 at 3:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TeresaMac

If this a double post - forgive my enthusiasm - I am thrilled that any variation of Farscape is coming back! Hopefully Ben Browder and Claudia Black will be involved. I've already started spreading the word, and hopefully we'll get Farscape back on TV again! Broke my poor heart when it was cancelled, and I had nightmares about the last second of that series finale until the mini-series! Long live Farscape!

July 16 2007 at 11:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TeresaMac

OMG - I am so HAPPY! I used to have bad dreams about the last moment of the season finale of Farscape, before the miniseries tied up that story line! I will be watching the webisodes, and telling all the friends I know who might be interested. It would be so cool if it came back to TV as a series! I hope that Ben Browder and Claudia Black will be back.

July 16 2007 at 11:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mariah

Would it be childish to do a little dance?
I remember back in 2003 when it got canceled and - I'm incredibly biased- but I think Scapers organized the best bring back our show campaign since Star Trek.
We crashed voice mail boxes, in boxes, flooded mailboxes. I shudder to think how much of my miniscule college student budget when to the Save Farscape campaign and how often I spent class lectures drawing little Moyas with "SOS" scrawled across them.
We Scapers are small(ish) but we are mighty. While 10 webisodes are awesome in and of itself, who knows, we may be able to recruit enough folks online to get more.

This is GREAT news!

July 16 2007 at 10:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam Finley

Egad, that was terrible.

Thank you.

Adam

July 16 2007 at 10:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Usama

Uh, Battlestar is misspelled in the title and I think you meant "as a young Adama" and not "Amada." I haven't read the entire article yet but those two stood out.

I understand, it is pretty early in the morning. ;-)

July 16 2007 at 10:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply