September 17, 2014

New Simpsons album out in September

by Adam Finley, posted Jul 16th 2007 1:20PM

simpsonsThe Simpsons: Testify is a brand new album that will hit stores on September 18. The new album features original songs from season ten through eighteen, with such musicians as "Weird Al" Yankovic, David Byrne, Jackson Browne, and, of course, the Simpsons clan and the many residents of Springfield.

The album will feature music from some of the show's recent parodies of big musicals from such episodes as "Yokel Chords," "My Fair Laddy" and "The President Wore Pearls." The album also includes Ricky Gervais' ode to Marge from the episode "Homer Simpson, This is Your Wife."

The album will also boast one of my favorite songs from The Simpsons ever, "We Are the Jockeys," which features the classic lyric: "we are the jockeys, jockeys are we, we live underground in a fiberglass tree." That's the kind of song that would make Rodgers & Hammerstein come back from the dead and then blow their own brains out in a fit of jealousy.

I wouldn't mind an album featuring just instrumental music from the series. Such albums have already been released for MGM and Hanna Barbera cartoons, and a Simpsons one would be nice to add to my record collection. Make that happen, people who do that sort of thing.

The album release will coincide with the launch of season 19. The Simpson Channel has the track listing.

Jay

"Every one across the U.S.A., hates their stupid
neighbor. He's Flanders and he's really, really
lame."

July 16 2007 at 6:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BartmanDK

Yeah thats right there is also The Simpsons Sing the Blues and The Yellow Album.. I actuly i think i have the Sing the Blues album somewhere too :D

July 16 2007 at 5:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mel

I own Songs in the Key of Springfield, and I really enjoy that, so it'll be great to have another album. I remember our family having the Simpsons Sing the Blues album too, years back, and that one was great also. Now I just wish I could find it...

("We Are The Jockeys" is a favorite of mine as well.)

July 16 2007 at 4:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BartmanDK

There is both Songs in the Key of Springfield and Go Simpsonic with The Simpsons which also has some of the most memoreble songs on them.. my favorite was the Canyanaro theme!

July 16 2007 at 2:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

Darn, I do know how to spell "compilation".

July 16 2007 at 1:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

Let's not forget "Songs in the Key of Springfield", an earlier compliation from the far superior earlier seasons. I was in Disney World a few weeks ago and couldn't get the great "Monorail" song out of my head as I was riding on the Disney monorail.

July 16 2007 at 1:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply