July 24, 2014

Viewers suffering from Paris Hilton overload

by Anna Johns, posted Jul 16th 2007 3:57PM
paris hiltonGood news, people! It turns out that there can be too much Paris Hilton. I was beginning to get worried there for a second after the daily news updates during her jail term and then all the attention she has received since getting out. One place she's not getting attention is on E!, where her show, The Simple Life, is pulling in crappy ratings.

E! execs said they had hoped that all the mayhem surrounding her stupid stint in jail would garner interest in the show. One exec thinks that people are more interested in what's going on with Paris Hilton right now, rather than what she's doing on a contrived "reality" show. I'm hoping the real reason is that she has finally outstayed her welcome. Over-saturated the market, if you will.

The low ratings mean that E! is seriously considering not bringing back The Simple Life for a fifth season. Hallelujah!

shinyshiny25

# 1, Amen to that. My goodness. I know there are better ways to cover airtime, like the issue in the Darfur or the war in Iraq. A bit morbid, yes, but hey a better way to spend my time.

August 01 2007 at 6:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sianko

Paris is pretty girl. http://www.uncovera.com

July 24 2007 at 7:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kris

Um.. It's already in it's fifth season...

And i for one love the simple life. It's just, this season isn't as good as the past ones - which is probably why it isnt getting amazing rating.
I love Paris Hilton, if she actually did disappear from the world, then you would nothing to talk about - no one to diss and the only articles would be "Where is Paris?" and you'll realize that you need her for your petty lives.

July 19 2007 at 2:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
h8rain

I would watch The Simple Life:Jail Time, ONLY if it was real :)

Actually on second thought, no I would not.

July 16 2007 at 5:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply