August 27, 2014

2007 Emmy Nominations: Liveblog

by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 19th 2007 8:19AM

9:16am: Head on over to AOL for more coverage, photos, and a complete list of all the nominees.

9:15am: I learned two things doing this liveblog. One, the internet can act funny sometimes, and two, I really did need that caffeine.

9:10am: Fans of Lost, Dexter, and Friday Night Lights probably aren't happy this morning.

9:06am: Interesting that Felicity Huffman was nominated, but no one else from Desperate Housewives was, and the show was overlooked.

9:04am: Yes, I'm surprised that Studio 60 didn't at least get some nod, you know?

8:59am: Notes...24 wasn't nominated, though I guess that didn't surprise too many people.

8:48am: Best Comedy: Entourage, The Office, 30 Rock, Two and a Half Men, Ugly Betty

8:47am: Lead Actress, Comedy: America Ferrera, Tina Fey, Felicity Huffman, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Mary Louise Parker.

8:46am: Lead Actor, Comedy: Alec Baldwin, Steve Carell, Ricky Gervais, Tony Shalhoub, Charlie Sheen

8:45am: Best Reality Show: Amazing Race, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, Project Runway, Top Chef.

8:44am: Lead Actress, Drama: Minnie Driver, Edie Falco, Sally Field, Kyra Sedgwick, Mariska Hargitay, Patricia Arquette (six nominees this year? Interesting...)

8:43am: Lead Actor, Drama: James Gandolfini, Denis Leary, James Spader, Kiefer Sutherland, Hugh Laurie

8:42am: Best Drama: Heroes, House, Boston Legal (is this a comedy or drama?), Grey's Anatomy, The Sopranos

8:41am: Here we go...

8:40am: Jon Cryer and Kyra Sedgwick

8:33am: Nothing is better on stains than OxiClean.

8:32am: A commercial already??

8:30am: Jason Kennedy and Adrienne Diaz are the hosts...do they have hosts go to some "hosting school?" They all seem alike.

8:26am: Damn, I have to go to the store but I can't right now. I hope I can liveblog with no caffeine in my system.

8:20am: I'm going to watch E!'s (is that right, or should it be "E's!"?) coverage of the nominations, because they have the worst hosts and always talk to celebs on the phone who are half awake and often say something ridiculous.

8:19am: Hey, the Emmy nominations are this morning! They actually get up at 5:30am and stumble to the podium to tell us who is nominated for Emmys this year. And we'll have live coverage (thankfully, it's 8:30 on the East Coast) of all of the nominations. Until it starts, take a look at Rich's picks for who should be nominated. Keep refreshing your browser for the latest nominations and other observations from this morning's event (and for the latest, head on over to AOL's Emmy Awards coverage).

erin

No Christopher Meloni?! Total bullshit. He is a fantastic actor and he did an amazing job this seasons (the last several seasons) why do they continually ignore him. Such crap.

August 15 2007 at 3:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
T.M.

And um...
You must have missed The Shield this season, because Walt Goggins blew everyone away.

A**holes! (For other Shield lovers you get my point!)

July 19 2007 at 6:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ann koeffler

Ugly Betty is so bloody boring! What is wrong with people?
It is one cliche after the next!

July 19 2007 at 6:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ben

That is pretty lame that Lost didn't get any nods but I'm excited for everyone over at camp Entourage.

July 19 2007 at 3:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Borat

What a friggin joke. I am not going to watch them this year that's for sure....

well maybe just to see if 30 Rock wins. I love that show.

July 19 2007 at 2:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
treacherous

There should be a category for "Best Show That Shouldn't Have Been Canceled"

What a joke the Emmy's and really all award shows have become.

July 19 2007 at 2:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
homerj312

No Dexter, this is bullshit... wait for a second I forgot that I don't care because it doesn't mean anything.

I hope American Idol and Two and a Half Men win just so I can laugh about how lame the Emmy's are they day after I don't watch them.

July 19 2007 at 12:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

There was a lot of good TV this year. I could complain, but, I'm glad to see some favorites (Keifer, Felicity, Kyra, 30 Rock, and Heroes) receive nods. It makes up for the Big Love cast being overlooked.

July 19 2007 at 11:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jose

This season of the Wire, with the four children, was so good it hurt. People need to hear about it and see it.

A total snub.

July 19 2007 at 11:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jose

I mean seriously, Boston Legal and Grey's Anatomy are better dramas than The Wire, The Shield, or Dexter?

These awards are a joke.

July 19 2007 at 11:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply