November 28, 2014

FOX will wrap up Vanished mystery this fall

by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 24th 2007 3:24PM

VanishedHere's an interesting bit of news from Kristin over at E Online: producers of Bones will solve the mystery from the short-lived show Vanished on the show this fall.

Now, that's undoubtedly fantastic news for fans of Vanished (both of you), and it's intriguing that the network and the people behind Bones would actually want to take the time and effort to solve a mystery from a show most people have forgotten. But it's very cool, something you don't see on TV that often. I'm sure the episode will be more Bones-centric than Vanished-centric, but it's a great idea.

Murder, She Wrote did this once. They solved a mystery from an old film noir movie from the 40s (Strange Bargain), and even got several members of the cast back together for it.

tcc3

Fox could make a whole show of this! Every week could be devoted to tying up loose ends of canceled Fox mystery shows.

It would be the ironic hit of the season, except that Fox will cancel it after 2 episodes in favor of more House reruns.

July 26 2007 at 12:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

I turned off Vanished after 20 minutes. I simply couldn't stand it and I watch a lot of TV. It was really really boring. Just as boring as the pilots for Chuck and Pushing Daisies *yawn*

July 24 2007 at 7:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Toby OB

'Diagnosis Murder' tied up some loose ends from an episode of 'Mannix' nearly 30 years before when Mike Connors appeared on the show as Joe Mannix, along with actors from the original episode like Pernell Roberts and Julie Adams.

I'd love to see some closure for 'Coronet Blue' on some show and that's going on forty years since that ran during the summer.....

July 24 2007 at 6:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mel

Didn't watch Vanished, but I love Bones, and it sounds like a neat idea to me.

July 24 2007 at 5:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fabrice

Same thing happened when they killed off The Lone Gunmen in an episode of The XFiles when the show got canceled.

July 24 2007 at 4:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carl

I never saw Millennium, but I know The X-Files had a Frank Black-centric episode... and it was even before Duchovny went part-time -- no ratings ploy! It was actually a decent episode and ended with a non-mind-controlled kiss between Scully and Mulder (on New Year's Eve) -- rather touching, actually.

July 24 2007 at 4:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

Neat idea. I thought they did resolve the mystery. I guess it all just blurred together with the other failed shows from last season.

July 24 2007 at 4:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chuck

I have hoped for some kind of "ending", this show, as well as a couple of others taught me never to watch elongated series, you can't trust the network to finish the job.
And yes I watch Bones so maybe the proverbial 2 birds.. but never again will I watch a continuing drama - KIDNAP me if you will, give me NINE chances, my interest has VANISHED and TRAVELed on.

July 24 2007 at 3:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TomB

Ever since they killed of Gale Harold as the lead FBI agent the show became unwatchable. I couldn't care less how it ends.

July 24 2007 at 3:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

This is interesting.

I rather they just make one more episode of Vanished and release it on DVD. Bones is good by itself and Vanished isn't. So I rather they leave Bones alone and finish Vanished as a special DVD episode.

July 24 2007 at 3:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply