September 30, 2014

Paula Zahn resigns from CNN

by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 24th 2007 3:42PM

Paula ZahnFrom the "we all saw this coming" department: Paula Zahn has resigned from CNN.

It can't be a coincidence that it comes just one day after it was announced that Campbell Brown was leaving NBC and coming over to CNN (she's also pregnant, though the two events are probably unrelated). Zahn joined CNN in September 2001, and her first major story was 9/11.

I couldn't watch Zahn for some reason. She was always smiling or semi-smiling through all of her reports, this weird look on her face, whether she was reporting a bombing in the Middle East that killed 100 or a story about new puppies up for adoption. But I'm sure she'll land on her feet some place else (though not FOX News - been there, done that).

brdbrns3

my butt. she was probably canned for that story about Christopher Bollyn and all that BS about the Jews did 9/11. The story was quite a smear job. He only said some were involved, along with some arabs, and some white folks. Big deal.

September 26 2007 at 11:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Waldron

My wife and I will miss Paula. She was particularly good on the morning show. Her interactions withe others was great. I don't like what's happening with CNN's move to the far left. Miles and Soledad were great. Jack is just a shell of his former self, reduced to getting the extremists to vent their views via e-mail. However, Campbell Brown is a great addition. She is very professional, funny and looks great. I hope she is very successful and Paula, too, with whatever she does next.

August 29 2007 at 8:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lewby54

Paula Zahn did the best she could given the stories she was delegated to report on.
We will miss her.
Seek the Truth.

August 15 2007 at 12:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carle

Paula's HOT! She could sit and read me the freakin' classifieds. They should replace Katie with Paula. I'd even consider watching mainstream network news for that. CNN's loss....and ours!

August 06 2007 at 10:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fynba D

Give Paula a break...she was one of the few reasons I watch CNN, or TV in general. I love her smile, poise and level of professionalism. She was usually objective in her reporting and presentations. She showed concern whenever necessary!

My household and I will certainly miss her!!!

August 02 2007 at 10:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jack Stephens

It's wonderful Zahn is out. Her idea of news was that white males are no good because they are all racists and women haters. She is absolutely crazy. Did she really expect to garner at audience with that leftist, feminist drivel? I can't believe she stayed on as long as she did.

July 31 2007 at 11:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
themediablog

Give girlfriend her props... She dragged out the heavy artillery, but even a transgendered eight year old couldn't save her.

Bye, Paula. Say hi to Maury on the way down.

July 24 2007 at 10:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply