April 19, 2014

Rory Cochrane coming back to CSI: Miami

by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 24th 2007 2:23PM

Rory CochraneI know, I know, you're thinking, "but Rory Cochrane was killed off the show!" Hey, this is television. Anything can happen.

Of course, it would help if CSI: Miami was a science fiction show. They could explain why Detective Speedle could come back from the dead by...oh, I don't know, some rejuvenation serum or time travel or robot double. But this is CSI: Miami, and it has to be realistic (even though we have David Caruso wearing suits in the humid Florida sun and never sweating). Cochrane asked to be written out of the show because he didn't want to do a weekly show. His contract said he couldn't work again in TV til 2008.

To answer your next question, no, it won't be a flashback. And Cochrane will be playing Speedle, not a twin brother. How they'll do this is anybody's guess. After the jump, anybody's guess!

How will Cochrane's character come back?
Duh, he'll be a ghost, of course448 (37.2%)
They're lying. He'll be a double.226 (18.8%)
The season he died never happend, a la Bobby Ewing on Dallas530 (44.0%)

charveyorlando

I Really hope that they do bring speedle back he was a good part of the show not that the rest of the people are bad but he is missed

February 23 2011 at 4:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jenny

I hope they do bring Speedle back ~ whatever form he maybe? We miss you Speedle! And get rid of Wolfe & Natalia!

October 16 2007 at 12:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jenny

I hope Speedle does come back ~ whatever forms he maybe? I prefer him over Natalia or the the lab guy (who stole Speedle's credit card to use). Miss you Speedle!

October 16 2007 at 12:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
neville

they will say he was in hiding from some drug dealer
who had a contract on his life

October 13 2007 at 12:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carrie

I just heard that Speedle might be back, I am so excited, the show hasn't been the same since he left. Wow!

October 09 2007 at 12:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
magicman37

Is happy ' speed " is returning.. as "H" did when he met kyle's mother i bet speed was " under" Don't get rid of eric or wolf get that boavista woman out of there she is not very bright and if i hear her gasp and giggle one more time i am going to puke. {s theBOYS are back in town PLUS one VERY HOT and smart and STREET tough southren gal who can swab me any time :) i will give her samples OH BABY will i ever :)

October 02 2007 at 6:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CATHIE

THE ONLY STORYLINE THAT WOULD MAKE SENSE IS A
FAKED DEATH & SOME KIND OF DEEP COVER ASSIGNMENT. ANYTHING ELSE WOULD BE UNBELIEVABLE. I'M JUST GLAD HE'S COMING BACK. LOVE SPEEDLE

September 11 2007 at 4:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mari

eric delko will be so happy to see speed again in fact everyone will not as much as delko i love speed and delko

September 03 2007 at 1:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ava S.

ORKMommy - I agree with ya. I reckon Delko is going nuts and begins to see Speed (you know - it's all in his head). Otherwise, why would they say that he'll be "interacting with Delko" and not anyone else? Why only name Delko? Any other possibility would be paranormal - he was lying on that slab in the morgue for crickey - if he were somehow alive, wouldn't Alex notice? She prepped him for burial! Anyway, however they bring him back, I don't really care, I'm just glad he'll be back cause he was my favourite CSI - the show was just not the same without him.

August 04 2007 at 9:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
speedfanatic

number 12 - if i remember correctly, when alex was beginning the autopsy, she actually put the scalple down and didn't proceed. if speed really does come back, she will have to be in on the "cover-up" or else it would never work. i for one was VERY upset when he was killed, and the show was not the same after he left.

July 30 2007 at 7:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply