December 24, 2014

New cast member could replace Jorja Fox on CSI

by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 25th 2007 4:19PM

Jorja FoxOn the heels of news that Rory Cochrane is returning to one of the other CSI shows, CSI: Miami, comes this news: Jorja Fox is probably on her way out.

CSI Producer Carol Mendolsohn tells TV Guide's Michael Ausiello that they have just cast a new female lab technician that will be introduced in the third episode, and there are hints that she's not just a new cast member but a new cast member that will take over for Jorja Fox, whose Sara character might die in that car crash. Executive Producer Jonathan Littman says that the Grissom/Sara storyline will definitely be resolved, and didn't say if Fox would be in the show this season beyond the season opener.

So I guess now we can try to figure out how a dead Sara will come back to the show a year from now.

[via TV Tattle]

Chrissy

I love Jorja Fox, I love the romance, I say keep her and get Catherine and Warrick together FINALLY!!!!!

October 07 2007 at 5:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
meryl

jorja's manager needs to get busy and have hat in hand. This move on her part is career suicide. A hit show, the darling of the team and Grissom in love with her. oh la la
its time to sit in a bath with lavender bubbles and relax.

October 04 2007 at 9:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joan Spencer

They should have just killed Fox off last season. Her deadpan delivery and lack of elocution and inflection make her an assault on the ears. Shacking up with Grissom, an idiot story line unworthy of the show.

October 04 2007 at 8:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy

IF Grissom leaves, I will not watch the show. He makes the whole program work.

To not to showup for the filming was very unprofessional action on Ms. Fox's part.

September 25 2007 at 6:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cj.androsky

I read where the new character will be either a new detective or level one CSI, I've also seen pictures of the actress Jessica London I believe, and she is african american. What I would like to see since Warrick is having trouble in his marriage have this new character and Catherine sort of fight for his affections and have the new character be just as strong as Catherine and knock her down a few pegs

August 31 2007 at 12:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
samantha

i think that sara should'nt be killed off she a cool character and it would be nice to see sara and grissom get togher

August 31 2007 at 8:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fay

I hope jorja stay's on the show she is the main reason i watch

August 14 2007 at 2:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cj.androsky

I think the producers are just using the 'new cast member' news as a smokescreen and the new person will actually be Sara but looking a bit different because of some surgery she needed because of being under the car. This way they can keep the Sara character but say bye-bye to Jorja Fox

August 09 2007 at 12:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cj.androsky

This news of the 'new cast member' might be a smokescreen saying that the producers are getting a new cast member to be Sara, sort of what they did on Bewitched with Darren

August 09 2007 at 12:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jo

I guess she has commtitted th big sin of being almost 40. CSI execs should be ashamed. They've got their token over-40 woman and now they are casting around for a twenty-something. Ugh, not one of those interchangable flat-haired blonds, please!

July 31 2007 at 6:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply