Big Brother 8: Live Eviction #3 and HoH Competition #4
by JJ Hawkins, posted Jul 26th 2007 11:57PM
(S08E10) If I was Daniele's live-in boyfriend, and I was at home watching this season of Big Brother, there's a 100% chance I'd be shooting some heroin directly into my left atrium right about now in an effort to kill the pain.
While Danielle hasn't actually done anything too serious with Nick yet - at least as far as I can tell since I don't partake in the live-feed - she does openly flirt with him, she occasionally shares a bed with him, and she whispers things like, "I've been wanting to kiss you all day," before ducking under the covers and making sweet sinful noises with him.
It also didn't help that Evel Dick said "Nick was in the Major Leagues while Kris was still in training camp." That line had to sting a little.
Those are sufficient reasons for me to pick up a debilitating drug habit, but apparently Kris has much better coping skills than me.He was surprisingly optimistic about the chances of their relationship surviving Big Brother although he was dangerously close to tears through the entire segment.
For the most part, I hope Daniele and Kris can make it through this little hiccup, but at the same time I find it hard not to root for Nick sine he's a fairly likable guy. I'm not sure how it's all going to play out but I hope it ends with Nick and Kris confronting one another. That would be fun.
America's Player - Who Should Eric Get Evicted from the Big Brother House?
And the answer is Kail. Eric pretty much knew that the entire house intended to vote for Mike tonight, but he made a pretty valiant effort to push for Kail in front of Dustin, Evel, Jameka, Amber, and Daniele. His main argument was the fact that Kail is a much stronger player and that Mike didn't have much to offer in terms of strategy.
He appeared to have everyone on his side until Dustin reiterated the fact that he'd be voting for Mike no matter what. This seemed to push the group back towards Mike as the prime eviction candidate.
During this sequence, Dick decided to run to the bathroom and relieve himself of a little flatulence that had accumulated in his hind quarters.
Jameka's tortured facial expression was the highlight of the evening.
While I'm thinking about it, is anyone else getting a little annoyed by Eric's facial expressions? Don't get me wrong. I like Eric a lot and I think he does a pretty good job trying to complete the tasks America chooses for him, but his involuntary "Facial Tourettes" is getting a little distracting. Someone please make him stop.
The Real Jen
We got to hear a little from Jen's mom and Jen's friend Kara tonight. They both let us know that Jen is a lot more intelligent then she leads on in the house. Her mother mentioned that Jen double majored in early childhood development and architecture in college, though I couldn't determine if she actually graduated. Kara mentioned that before Jen went into the house, they had a conversation about the need for Jen to "play" stupid.
All I have to say is if this stupidity is all an act, Jen should be nominated for an Academy Award. She's dropping an "I Am Sam" caliber performance on us. Give this girl her statue already.
Mike gave a speech but it ended up being really long and pointless. It focused on his integrity, honesty, and loyalty thus far in the game. Kail's speech revolved around her appreciation for her house mates and the fact that they have a special bond. No reasonable person comes into the BB house and plays with integrity, honesty, and loyalty. No one likes Kail. They are both very delusional.
Zach voted for Kail.
Jameka picked Mike.
Jen voted for Mike
Dustin chose Mike.
Eric obviously goes with Kail.
Amber axed Mike.
Nick chose Mike.
Daniele went with Mike.
Jessica also picked Mike.
By a vote of 7-2 Mike was evicted from the house.
Immediately afterwards, Dick gave Jen a grilling because he thought Jen voted for Kail. As you can see above she didn't and tried to refute his argument.
Head of Household Competition - Eliminator
Julie asked the contestants a series of questions about the people who had already been eliminated from the house. The first person who buzzed in with the answer would get to eliminate another house guest from the competition.
The questions were:
- At the eviction ceremony which ex house guest said during their plea - the time is now the time to... - Eric got it right. The answer was Joe. Eric eliminated Jen.
- Which ex house guest was the only one to play in the competition Hide and Seek Veto? Dustin answered correctly. The answer was Carol. Dustin eliminated Zach.
- When sprayed with sludge in the Mushroom Madness competition which ex house guest said "tastes like chick". Nick answered right. The answer was none. Nick eliminated Kail.
- Which ex house guest acted like a big baby. Jameka answered correctly. The answer was Mike. Jameka eliminated Nick.
- Which ex house guest did not compete in the food competition known as Butter Me Up. Dustin answered right. The answer was none. Jessica was eliminated.
- If all the ex house guests noses were sticking up whose nose would be closest to the Stratosphere. Eric answered right. Joe was the answer. Eric eliminated Amber.
- When I revealed the enemy twist who said, "If my enemy is who i think it is..." Eric got it right. The answer was none. Eric eliminated Daniele. (Eric starts getting a little cocky now).
- Which ex house guest made it to the tie breaker question in the Getting School competition? Eric jumps the gun and answers none without hearing the full question. Answer was Mike. Eric is out.
- Which of the ex house guests spun the longest in the Mushroom Madness competition? The answer was Joe.
I was hoping Eric would win this thing so America could directly choose who got put up for nomination instead of having to influence the house indirectly. No such luck. I'm not entirely sure what to expect with Dustin as HOH, but if I had to guess, I bet he puts up Jen and Kail for eviction. Just a hunch.
Altogether, this wasn't the most exciting of episodes, but the vote-off show always tend to be full of fluff. Let's hope the excitement level picks up on Sunday.
|Nick - Major League Stud||160 (46.0%)|
|Kris - Training Camp Bat Boy||188 (54.0%)|