October 21, 2014

Big Brother 8: Live Eviction #3 and HoH Competition #4

by JJ Hawkins, posted Jul 26th 2007 11:57PM

(S08E10) If I was Daniele's live-in boyfriend, and I was at home watching this season of Big Brother, there's a 100% chance I'd be shooting some heroin directly into my left atrium right about now in an effort to kill the pain.

While Danielle hasn't actually done anything too serious with Nick yet - at least as far as I can tell since I don't partake in the live-feed - she does openly flirt with him, she occasionally shares a bed with him, and she whispers things like, "I've been wanting to kiss you all day," before ducking under the covers and making sweet sinful noises with him.

It also didn't help that Evel Dick said "Nick was in the Major Leagues while Kris was still in training camp." That line had to sting a little.

Those are sufficient reasons for me to pick up a debilitating drug habit, but apparently Kris has much better coping skills than me.

He was surprisingly optimistic about the chances of their relationship surviving Big Brother although he was dangerously close to tears through the entire segment.

For the most part, I hope Daniele and Kris can make it through this little hiccup, but at the same time I find it hard not to root for Nick sine he's a fairly likable guy. I'm not sure how it's all going to play out but I hope it ends with Nick and Kris confronting one another. That would be fun.

America's Player - Who Should Eric Get Evicted from the Big Brother House?

And the answer is Kail. Eric pretty much knew that the entire house intended to vote for Mike tonight, but he made a pretty valiant effort to push for Kail in front of Dustin, Evel, Jameka, Amber, and Daniele. His main argument was the fact that Kail is a much stronger player and that Mike didn't have much to offer in terms of strategy.

He appeared to have everyone on his side until Dustin reiterated the fact that he'd be voting for Mike no matter what. This seemed to push the group back towards Mike as the prime eviction candidate.

During this sequence, Dick decided to run to the bathroom and relieve himself of a little flatulence that had accumulated in his hind quarters.

Jameka's tortured facial expression was the highlight of the evening.

Jameka shocked by Dick's flatulence.

While I'm thinking about it, is anyone else getting a little annoyed by Eric's facial expressions? Don't get me wrong. I like Eric a lot and I think he does a pretty good job trying to complete the tasks America chooses for him, but his involuntary "Facial Tourettes" is getting a little distracting. Someone please make him stop.

Eric makes strange expressions.

The Real Jen

We got to hear a little from Jen's mom and Jen's friend Kara tonight. They both let us know that Jen is a lot more intelligent then she leads on in the house. Her mother mentioned that Jen double majored in early childhood development and architecture in college, though I couldn't determine if she actually graduated. Kara mentioned that before Jen went into the house, they had a conversation about the need for Jen to "play" stupid.

All I have to say is if this stupidity is all an act, Jen should be nominated for an Academy Award. She's dropping an "I Am Sam" caliber performance on us. Give this girl her statue already.

Eviction Ceremony

Mike gave a speech but it ended up being really long and pointless. It focused on his integrity, honesty, and loyalty thus far in the game. Kail's speech revolved around her appreciation for her house mates and the fact that they have a special bond. No reasonable person comes into the BB house and plays with integrity, honesty, and loyalty. No one likes Kail. They are both very delusional.

Zach voted for Kail.
Jameka picked Mike.
Jen voted for Mike
Dustin chose Mike.
Eric obviously goes with Kail.
Amber axed Mike.
Nick chose Mike.
Daniele went with Mike.
Jessica also picked Mike.

By a vote of 7-2 Mike was evicted from the house.

Immediately afterwards, Dick gave Jen a grilling because he thought Jen voted for Kail. As you can see above she didn't and tried to refute his argument.

Head of Household Competition - Eliminator

Julie asked the contestants a series of questions about the people who had already been eliminated from the house. The first person who buzzed in with the answer would get to eliminate another house guest from the competition.

The questions were:

• At the eviction ceremony which ex house guest said during their plea - the time is now the time to... - Eric got it right. The answer was Joe. Eric eliminated Jen.
  • Which ex house guest was the only one to play in the competition Hide and Seek Veto? Dustin answered correctly. The answer was Carol. Dustin eliminated Zach.
  • When sprayed with sludge in the Mushroom Madness competition which ex house guest said "tastes like chick". Nick answered right. The answer was none. Nick eliminated Kail.
  • Which ex house guest acted like a big baby. Jameka answered correctly. The answer was Mike. Jameka eliminated Nick.
  • Which ex house guest did not compete in the food competition known as Butter Me Up. Dustin answered right. The answer was none. Jessica was eliminated.
  • If all the ex house guests noses were sticking up whose nose would be closest to the Stratosphere. Eric answered right. Joe was the answer. Eric eliminated Amber.
  • When I revealed the enemy twist who said, "If my enemy is who i think it is..." Eric got it right. The answer was none. Eric eliminated Daniele. (Eric starts getting a little cocky now).
  • Which ex house guest made it to the tie breaker question in the Getting School competition? Eric jumps the gun and answers none without hearing the full question. Answer was Mike. Eric is out.
It came down to Dustin and Jameka.

Dustin and Jameka do battle for HOH
  • Which of the ex house guests spun the longest in the Mushroom Madness competition? The answer was Joe.
How could he miss a question about his ex-lover? Dustin won HOH.

I was hoping Eric would win this thing so America could directly choose who got put up for nomination instead of having to influence the house indirectly. No such luck. I'm not entirely sure what to expect with Dustin as HOH, but if I had to guess, I bet he puts up Jen and Kail for eviction. Just a hunch.

Altogether, this wasn't the most exciting of episodes, but the vote-off show always tend to be full of fluff. Let's hope the excitement level picks up on Sunday.

Who is going to end up winning the battle for Daniele's affection?
Nick - Major League Stud160 (46.0%)
Kris - Training Camp Bat Boy188 (54.0%)

kari

Just a question - what happens if America's Player is evicted? Will it go to somebody else in the house?

July 30 2007 at 3:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LC

I too think Eric tossed the competition. He stayed in long enough to dump those he figured would be a threat or unpredictable if they won HoH. He could have done a better job throwing it though, like by answering incorrectly or hearing half the question before slamming the buzzer so fast. Someone like Dick or Zach may pick up on this.

Mike was a good guy and did play with integrity, but in this game, integrity and good game play are pretty much mutually exclusive. They made the right choice, because no one trusts Kail as evidenced by her blabbing to Dick about her "private" conversation with Jen.

July 27 2007 at 2:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Mc

That clip about Daniele's boyfriend was just heart-wrenching. He's probably a nice guy, but they made him out to be a chump.

July 27 2007 at 12:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

I think Eric was throwing it too. It was getting way too obvious that he didn't want to win. He has to watch being too obvious. I also think he might need to say once in a while "America, thanks for your input but if I do that... I will get voted out." When they first mentioned the America's Player thing, I thought he was going to be able to read emails from viewers or something so he can find out what is going on behind his back... not stupid tasks like destroying something or sleep walking. It's dumb and all it does is make him a target eventually. Luckily for him so far no one takes him seriously.

July 27 2007 at 11:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lappuin

re: don't think Nick is a bad guy .. but i do think it's pretty desperate for a guy to go after a person that hard after only being in the house 3 weeks, and top that off that her dad's in the house, and she has a boyfriend, and this is all on national TV! Desperate ...

I don't think it's desperate, I just think it's an obvious strategy. I also Daniele is playing the same game with him. It's the battle of the hotties I guess lol

I'm going to go out on a limb here and be the 1st to predict that this is all Nick's gameplay and he will end up being gay. (I mean what straight guy has a top list of hot guys)

I don't know about straight guys with a list but I do know that I liked Daniele's response - he's confident in his sexuality so he can comment on the obvious without concern. There was a survey done recently that gave strong indications that the more homophobic the person, the more likely they have latent homo tendencies they're not dealing with.

July 27 2007 at 11:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cierra

i think everyone should of voted Kail out of the Big Brother House, becuz she wasn't being tru. But, Mike was being tru. So, whoever voted Mike out of the house made a very huge mistake. Also, Danielle if she still wondering about who 2 choose between da both. She should pick Nick. But, on the other hand she should pick Kris, cuz he been there for when no one else was, as she had said herself. Hey, Eric u are so hilariously funny.

July 27 2007 at 10:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
arbee

Eric totally threw the hoh, he was purposefully answering the questions too early with random answers and even dropped an f bomb after getting the one right where he had to eliminate danielle. he wasnt being subtle about it.

i think it would be disasterous for eric if he won hoh and had to put up people america chose. if hes smart he will keep throwing the hoh comps.

July 27 2007 at 10:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Guido

I forgot to add too.. they made Kris look like a gorf, especially the way they edited everything together.

I don't think Nick is a bad guy .. but i do think it's pretty desperate for a guy to go after a person that hard after only being in the house 3 weeks, and top that off that her dad's in the house, and she has a boyfriend, and this is all on national TV! Desperate ...

July 27 2007 at 10:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Guido

I agree with liking Jen more. Before she was self-obsorbed and stupid, now she's self-obsorbed and smart. Either way it's entertaining.

Can Eric win the grand $500k prize? If so then he definitely threw the competition. Why take the chance that America says to put up like Dick and Amber, how exactly would he explain that without killing his chances? I like the "America's player" but I'm confused on how far it goes... as he seems to have a choice in some things, but no choice in who to vote for.

He got lucky this week in that it looks like Jen voted against Kail, and there is no way for anyone to know the truth... but soon enough people are going to start wondering if he has some type of alliance with the people he's trying to save.

I'll second the bad eyebrow facial expressions.

I'd also recommend that Nick keeps his hat or bandana on.. that blown up Johnny Depp look isn't working for him.

One interesting situation is that there is a pretty obvious large alliance with Jen, Kail, Zach and potentially Nick on the outside looking in. What will be interesting is when these people will have to eat themselves.

I really like the game Dick is playing right now, he's brash, but you trust him 100%. Mike made a strong play, showing his loyal, but he made that play at the wrong time. You can show loyalty without putting your ass on the line.

July 27 2007 at 9:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david

anyone else think it was fishy the way eric jumped the gun so quickly there at the end. I wonder if we would throw the HOH competition rather than be forced to nominate 2 people who america votes on, not who he chooses

July 27 2007 at 9:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply