April 23, 2014

TV Squad Daily with Brigitte - VIDEO

by Brigitte Dale, posted Jul 30th 2007 5:28PM
Hey, Brigitte here with TV Squad Daily. I'll be covering the TV stories I find interesting each day, Monday through Friday, in this video blog.

Today on TV Squad Daily:
The video's embedded below, or you can subscribe to this podcast via our feed. Plus, you can also download the file directly.

Gina

I have to say I hated the Smurfs. La La LA LA LA LA la la la la... ugh. I think it was their creepy little voices. i dunno. Now for the whole patrick vs. jimmurphy thing. I find it highly amusing. Patrick comes very close to creepy (alot) :) The post that bother me the most are the ones complaining about P and J. I can't complain much though because I skip over those after the fist sentence or two. Keep up funny banter guys. Oh yeah, and You do a great job too brigitte

August 02 2007 at 4:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JimS

Hmm.... sorry still think it was scary. But there is a lot of thought put into each post here, so for that I think you should all take a bow. Well maybe everyone except Adam Danger.... go back to watching Adult Swim dude. :D

August 01 2007 at 1:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim Murphy

mari - -

Gracious and kind, as always... and apparently, with regard to the Jim & Patrick exchange, the only person in the comment section in this episode that seems to get it.

I actually had a post that responded to topic, but it vaporized, and I decided to cut my reattempt short for the sake of the creepy complainers.

I dunno, Mari... why other people can't find it in themselves to be as pleasant as you is beyond me!

July 31 2007 at 5:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom

Well, I’m really not one to comment on the whole “Patrick and Jim” thing in that I think the whole ongoing exchange is kind of rude. Comments on a video should be about the video imho.

That said, while Patrick is close to the line I don’t think he’s crossed it as far as the “too creepy” scale goes. At this point he’s just the same as every guy in a bar throwing out lame pickup lines and thinking he’s the coolest thing since sliced bread.

The real thing to watch in these situations is (a) does he believes there’s an actual conversation going on between him and Brigitte (a.k.a. does he believe she is talking back) and (b) does he talk about meeting her on a consistent basis. Those are the points where you tend to worry.

(I know a lot of Actresses and a lot of Therapists so I happen to know a decent amount about this just because this is a point where the two groups’ conversations tend to intersect)

Though I would say to Patrick that the first post in this thread got painfully close to both of those points so some self evaluation might not be completely out of line. You aren't as far away from the creepy line as you think you are.

P.S. For the record, whenever I throw a penny into one of those things I tend to wish for a penny. The irony of it all amuses me (I’m pretty easily amused in that respect)

July 31 2007 at 4:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason Hughes

Yet again, a second comment page with no comments on it.. but we can rectify that. Brigitte, it's coming together nicely. I think you need to copyright the way you cut and splice your mini-scenes to create a cohesive narrative, complete with black-and-white 'asides.' i don't know that i've seen it before, but it works very well for what you do.

the only complain i would have is that you could pretty easily carry a longer segment than 2-3 minutes (though i imagine with the way you put it together it can take a bit of time to put together. but, come on! on most days there's a lot more than just three stories to talk about! i really do think tv squad needs to spearhead a daily 30 minute webshow about tv covering reviews, snarky comments, etc. and of course TV SQUAD DAILY WITH BRIGITTE! you could wrap the show... :)

have your people call my people and i can help (either on camera--i'm really quite handsome--or with writing--i'm really quite brilliant). great job and keep it up...

j.hues

July 31 2007 at 12:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I remember the good old days when there was no stalking, the comments weren't creepy they were about the news being talked about and that the people didn't post 10 useless bitchy comments.

Those were the days.

July 31 2007 at 10:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mari

Patrick... I find your comments very very funny. To the rest of you... lighten up...most of what is said is done in a joking manner...i've never felt it was a stalking or even creepy situation...Patrick is just being....well ptrick. And remember, no one, truly no one, is forcing you to go to the comment section. you can enjoy Bridgette without viewing the comments. so people, ease up and get over yourselves.

July 31 2007 at 8:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patrick

ya know... I really hesitate to do this because it gives 'some people' the mistaken idea that their comments have any validity or truth about them but here goes...

do you people even know what a stalker is?

seriously?

My first comment to Brig (about the wish) was 'on topic' as she brought it up and was merely a joke... if you don't get it... it's a 'you problem'

the drinking game part was also meant as humor.... if you don't like it... don't read it... it's America... it's the internet... and it's your freakin' choice

I would point out that I did also speak on topic when I quipped about Paris hilton's inheritance sooooo bite me

As to Jim... Anthony... Automag5... Wind Energy... Adam and Windsome

Ummmm... you all commented on me... commenting about how 'you wish people would only comment about Brigitte's vlog' and in doing so... made fools of your selves

Thanks Murph for having my back on this (as usual... he gets it) and I thought you'd enjoy having Brigitte thinking to her self... "Wow... I'm Murphing it today!"

July 31 2007 at 5:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam Danger

I think the comments on this channel are amusing on a sort of meta level, i.e., "how pathetic, longwinded, and creeptastic are the comments going to be today?" -- "Oh, joy, they're more shriek-inducingly stalkerish than I would've hoped!"

The problem with you, you lot of fawning schlubs, is that you think you're the f*cking show. Try and keep things on topic, and flatter and respect the HOSTESS by actually speaking on what she's chosen to address for the day. And no, that doesn't include responding to each respondent, and then responding to yourself, before responding to the matters at hand, Jim Murphy, you sniveling windbag.

For now, it's a bunch of egocentric spam, when I'd rather be reading about what viewers of this channel actually think of the topics at hand. A little effort would make that pretty easy.

July 31 2007 at 3:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Creep

Yeah, stop with the creepy comments.

July 31 2007 at 3:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply