October 2, 2014

Dad on Little People, Big World gets a DUI

by Anna Johns, posted Jul 31st 2007 11:09AM
matt roloffWhat is the deal with television stars and their need to drive drunk? Of all people, Matt Roloff is charged with drunk driving. He's the father on the popular TLC reality series, Little People, Big World. The actual arrest happened back in mid-June but he made a court appearance on the charges yesterday. Deputies pulled him over at about midnight, and he failed a sobriety test.

I'd be interested to see how he handles this with his kids. I'm a fan of Little People, Big World and am especially entertained by Matt, who always seems to have some big project happening out on his farm. Even though the Roloffs have a tough time keeping their house clean, they seem to be raising good kids.

By the way, what do you think of Roloff's mug shot? The smile is a little creepy... almost like Tom DeLay, but not quite.

kathy reed

I think the name of the program should be,Little People
Real World.They are real down to earth people.They
don't put on a phony act,like some of the ones do
that have similar programs.I would love to meet them
some day.I can relate with them with our life,with having
eight kids and a husband with a hundred projects
all the time.It would be nice to see them on everynight
live.Hats go of to them Kathy From N.Y.

October 16 2007 at 7:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hayesann

Somebody always has to make a big deal over dui's. People get them every day, but when its a public figure they can't broadcast it fast enough. You know I remember what my parents told me, "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." Let Matt handle his own business in his own way. He is a human being just like Joe Blow out there. I am sure he is humiliated enough. Hang in there Matt! Love your show and family.

August 28 2007 at 10:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cathy english

It's to bad that Matt let us down with his arrest- did he forget that there are alot of kids and families watching him every week. Come on Matt- you can do better then that. Don't get caught up in the moment- America needs all the clean and decent role models it can get. We love the fact that you let us in your house, we see the squabbles with the kids and wife, we wade through the messes around the house- we love you . Don't mess up and let us down...

August 26 2007 at 5:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Autumn

Hahaha I'll bet he had like half a beer.

August 19 2007 at 11:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barbara Pagliarulo

I am a big fan of the show and the whole Roloff family. I do not believe for one minute that Matt had maybe no more than a cold beer or glass wine if that at dinner. He is a very responsible husband and father. I agree Amy has to stay on his case sometimes, as he does get carried away with his projects. It is true he can hardly walk once he is on his crutches, never mind walk a straight line. Someone wanted to be in the newspaper.

August 13 2007 at 7:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dolores

Blah Blah Blah,he was picked up drinking and driving.Who hasnt been ? The notarity behind it is because who he is on TV.But then,what example is he setting for his kids ? I watched the episode where the boys were getting thier permits,he neednt talk to them about not drinking and driving,he needs to talk to them on the effects of alcohol ,if,they are on medications.Matt could have had a re-action,with 1 drink coupled with meds,if hes on any,and I cant see him not being.If meds are the case,he shouldnt be drinking at all.
I have paid attention since hearing of his dui and did question his appearance of blood shot eyes in one show.
Matt,look out hun cause your fate is in your hands.Every move you make is scrutenized.
Stay stong dude,leave the booze alone.Amy will kick your ass and you know it.
We dont need to see a divorce on Big World,Little People.

August 11 2007 at 1:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dawn

I just want to know if the show has been cancelled? I love the show. All American Family! The Roloffs are very inspirational. I was shocked to hear about Mat last week somtime when the channel 8 news was talking about it. Must have been a slow day for news since the incident happened on June 19th. His kids are probabaly so embarrassed! Amy will set him straight. She's one tough cookie!

August 10 2007 at 1:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rAnDY62048

I don't care what he does in his personal life...Oh wait what personal life....Its broadcasted like flies on s**t. I will still watch the show.

August 05 2007 at 5:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ryanknapper

sarah: :) You're absolutely right. Matt should probably hide out for a while until she agrees not to kick his ass.

August 03 2007 at 1:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sarah

I watch that show. Fines, suspensions, and jail time are NOTHING compared to what he probably got when he had to go back to the farm and face his perpetually-pissed-off little wife!

August 01 2007 at 12:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply