April 25, 2014

ABC Family's Greek gets more episodes

by Richard Keller, posted Aug 1st 2007 2:37PM

ABC Family has picked up 'Greek' for 10 more episodesIt seems that ABC Family has found its niche when it comes to original programming: focusing the teen and female teen markets. It has done this for Wildfire, Kyle XY and now, it seems, for the new dramedy Greek.

After posting a season high last week in several key demos, including teens and female teens, ABC Family has decided to order the back 10 episodes of Greek. The original order was for 10 episodes. The new shows, are set to air early in 2008.

Greek airs on Mondays at 9 pm and focuses on a college freshman and his sister as they venture through the fraternity and sorority system. I have never watched the show, so I'd like to know from the viewers out there if it should be given another episode run.

Rita Marie

I am a 40 something mom with two teenage daugthers and we all LOVE the show GREEK - especially Scott Michael Foster (Cappie). He is easy on the eyes and his portrayal of Cappie is endearing and believable! Love the storyline and with my 17 yr old going off to college soon, I like watching the show with her because it brings up a nice dialog between us regarding the various situations that the characters get in to. Keep the episodes coming!!!!!!!!!!

A

March 12 2008 at 6:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
trey

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! im so excited it is having another season. Almost all of my friends watched Greek regularly and we all thought it was great! The stories and concepts have their tv not real life feels to them, but inside those are things that really do happen. I can relate to a lot of the characters and its just a great show! GO GREEK! Its a hit right now in itunes by the way!

September 23 2007 at 4:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

I'm a 40 year old college prof, and I love the show every bit as much as my teenage daughter does. 'nuf said! :-)

September 12 2007 at 7:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melinda

My cousin and I are 40 something Greeks and we love it especially Cappie! Bring on more episodes...

September 10 2007 at 10:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Drew

Wow... this show is amazing... Being a current frat guy myself, and having just pledged in Spring '06, this show really brings me back to everything. It literally is how the Greek System really is.

The scenes where they show Ashley being a 2-faced, back-stabbing "friend," is so what I've seen from the sorority girls I spend every minute with. "O we're best friends but only if it is convenient for me!"

Another thing that is amazing about this series is that they have a gay character in it. Being gay and pledging myself, I went through all the hardships, and "Yeah Boobs!!" but when they pulled the "Um, I'm not gay, we were drunk" card in the 1st episode, I had 10 names instantly come to mind. And even in episode 5 where Calvin comes out to Rusty, a huge moment that begins to rock the "macho man persona" of being a frat boy, Calvin still had to endure the "He's such a queer" remarks from his own brothers. It really is hard coming out to a group of alpha males like that. Because so many are homophobic and/or inexperienced with working with the situation, I can see why so many frat guys (including my boyfriend of over 6 months) still denies any and all allegations that he's gay and he pledged for girls and booze. I just laugh and I'm really curious to see what the Omega Chi's reaction will be to Calvin and see if he is as lucky as I was. All i got off with was a bad pledge name for it so I really wanna see what happens to him.

And when Rebecca was rushed and given a bid, it really truly emphasized the fact that when constructing a pledge class, a small class of quality pledges is a bagillion times better then a large one of "misfits."

It seems as though every single character can relate to an actual member of the Greek Life system that I have definitely sugar-coated but one of my favorite shows of all times.... And the fact that it doesn't scare those who aren't Greek into not pledging, yet it real enough for the current and Alumni Greeks to enjoy and rehash on memories of.

A real big hats off to ABC for this amazing show. It has everything that it needs, (fun, morals, hazing, love, coming out, back-stabbing, just everything!) and it really hits the huge demographic that is so often overlooked; the Greeks!

August 17 2007 at 5:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vanessa

The only reason I started watching this show was because I walked by the TV when my brother was watching and I found it amusing. It turns out that I really like the show.

Most of the characters are likable in their own way. I normally find main characters annoying, but Rusty and Casey are very real to me. I feel like I can relate to them, even if I haven't been put into some of their situations.

I agree with you about Rusty's roommate. He's hilarious. I love him!

August 13 2007 at 11:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeremy

I find the character of Calvin to be interesting and complex. I kinda feel like these back-10 eps will give his character more room to grow if anything...

Greek has become more than just my new summer show...I love it!

August 08 2007 at 6:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Beth

I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one enjoying this show. I grew to like Clark Duke from his online show Clark and Michael, and I really like him on this show. The other male characters are far better than the females but I see them improving with each episode.

August 02 2007 at 9:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jen

I think it's an adorable show. I'm really enjoying it so far, honestly.

August 01 2007 at 5:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply