July 24, 2014

More Battlestar Galactica details revealed at Comic Con

by Anna Johns, posted Aug 1st 2007 9:58AM
BSG logoFirst off, let me tell you there are no spoilers in this post. The cast and producers for Battlestar Galactica had a panel at Comic Con last week where they were very careful to talk about the next (and final) season, without revealing any spoilers.

Here are a few highlights:
  • We may not know the identity of the 5th Cylon until the series finale
  • Lucy Lawless (D'Anna) will return for 2-3 episodes
  • Expect lots of Starbuck/Adama conflict
  • Starbuck will be acting on heightened emotions, now that she's seen Earth
  • The BSG movie, Razor, had to be edited down so Sci Fi will begin airing some scenes that didn't make the final cut 6-8 weeks before the movie airs in November
  • The end of BSG next season will probably be the actual end, with no plans for any direct-to-DVD movies
TV Week has a full list of details from the panel, but as a BSG fan, I just picked out the ones that were interesting to me.

bsgfan2003

*Spoiler Discussion*
I am thinking it's the males who get the ax. Overall, except for Leobon, they are not crucial. The story is about earth and having babies. The Sharon's have proven fertile and the Six's love babies. The thirteenth colony name is a stunner, right!

August 03 2007 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Akbar Fazil

hot damn thats a fascinating spoiler.

I need to think about that one a bit bsgfan.

August 03 2007 at 2:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bsgfan2003

Ask Ausiello has a terrific spoiler if anyone is interested in talking about it. I know I am!

August 02 2007 at 10:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Akbar Fazil

Andrea, do you mean Bionic Woman?

Initially her role was just going to be in the pilot but they have expanded it to a recurring. With David Eick EP both shows, schedules can easily be tweaked to have her do both.

Besides, how could she be gone with her return at the end of Season 3?

August 02 2007 at 4:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andrea

I figured that Katee Sackoff would be gone because she's got a new series.

August 02 2007 at 10:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

Thanks, EbonyDad! For some reason, I was just remembering Starbuck as appearing next to Apollo, but not the dialogue

August 01 2007 at 2:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bsgfan2003

Agreed in that leaving things open ended would not be a good idea. The notion that these actors could be roped back in for a movie after this is done is far fetched, look how Deadwood is dead in the water. I truly believe that they will do BSG justice and end it with Earth.

August 01 2007 at 2:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Borat

These are *slight* spoilers to be honest...I would have preferred to know that Lucy Lawless appears out of nowhere, rather than knowing it now...alas, it's a bit hard to avoid.

August 01 2007 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Akbar Fazil

You may have a feeling David, but all current thinking and facts are pointing to that being incorrect.

I for one do not want to see if continue in that way. Tell the best story you can and end it. Give us an ending worthy of the story and do not water it down with extended crap.

August 01 2007 at 12:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I don't think it will be the end, they will do a movie or something once and awhile, I have a feeling.

August 01 2007 at 10:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply