October 24, 2014

The View officially nabs Whoopi Goldberg

by Varun Lella, posted Aug 1st 2007 2:19PM
Just a couple days ago ABC announced that it was in final negotiations to hire Whoopi Goldberg and comedienne Sherri Shepard. It seems like Whoopi was very quick to make her way back in to the limelight, because today it was announced on-air that she would be joining the show, replacing Rosie O'Donnell.

The dreadlocked legend will fill the "moderator" spot, guiding the day-to-day topics the girls will gab about. I wonder if Joy Behar is going to get a little jealous having another professional comic on the stage with her.

Love her or hate her, Rosie was always interesting -- and also good for ratings. I think that The View is trying to play it safe by bringing on Whoopi, but those of you may remember she got fired from her last job at Slim-Fast for a controversial speech about Bush. Maybe we if cross our fingers and wish real hard, we will get to see some Hasselbeck.

No offense to Shepard, but I don't think she is the right person to fill in Star's Payless shoes. As a former lawyer, Star brought a little bit of intellectual spark to the show, when she wasn't talking about her husband or getting hit in the face with a football (video). My hope is that they will try and bring on financial adviser Suze Orman or the newly unemployed Paula Zahn from CNN.

roe

Michael Vick is an idiot and got caught. The view is a show where people give their views on different subjects. I don't believe that anyone who is not open minded should watch the show. I believe what I believe and no one can change my mind on certain subjects but I will listen and give you the same respect that you give me. This is why we are Americans and fight for everyone's right to speak their minds. If I dont. like somethig that can effect my beliefs or life I take the appropiate action and make a difference. Contact animal control in your area get stricter laws passed for people whoabuse animals and make a difference.

September 12 2007 at 12:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kristy

Isn't it amazing the other people on "The Views" panel didn't defend the poor animals? They "copped out." Barbara Walters
is weak and afraid of Whoopi.
I just wanted ask Whoopi this :Not so many years ago, slavery was also a "southern thing".I was wondering if she thinks that was O.K too?
I don't care what any one else thinks I think if you can sit there and not only watch,but arrange for animals rip each other
to pieces, no doubt you are scum of the earth and it's a matter of time before you push the limits and end up in jail
because you are missing an important emotion and judgement that makes you a decent human I don't care where you are brought up.
Well here is one southerner that doesn't agree with dogfighting and there are plenty more of us!
How can you blame the south or north or whatever for certain things There are idiots everywhere
I was really taken aback with the old interview they played from when he first became a big deal. The interviewer asked
Vick the question; "What are three things nobody knows about Michael Vick..." and his first response, "I am an animal lover."
I think that is bullcrap!I wouldn't defend someone like him.Last winter Michael Vick tried to sneak marijuana on a plane on his water bottle.
The dude isn't too bright and he doesn't appear to respect most laws.Well anyways I can't stand the guy and it is people like him who ought
to be put in a cage or strug up by his neck and drowned to DEATH!

September 05 2007 at 6:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alan

I see Whoopi Goldberg is joining the ranks of numerous other blacks who are making fools out of themselves and their race by making similar statements and trying to minimize what Michael Vick did.

September 05 2007 at 11:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kres

LOL, now this is a show I'll watch. NG Barbara Walters blogged about how it adds diversity by adding a jew to the View

LOL!

August 01 2007 at 4:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
justelise

As long as they bring on someone who can counter the mindless conservative drudgery spewed by Hasslebeck I don't really care how it is.

August 01 2007 at 4:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

Well, I guess I won't start watching after all.

August 01 2007 at 3:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chaim

I was gonna say the same thing! lol

Joy Behar did stand up? Oy.

August 01 2007 at 3:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
greg

Wait, Joy Behar is a comedian? Really? When did that happen?

Greg