November 23, 2014

CW to premiere Gossip Girl early

by Adam Finley, posted Aug 6th 2007 1:01PM

blake livelyCW's new series, Gossip Girl, will debut a week earlier than announced, kicking off on September 19 at 9:00 p.m. The series is debuting early in order to stay ahead of highly-anticipated premieres from other networks, such as NBC's Bionic Woman and ABC's Private Practice.

Also, according to Variety, most high schools and colleges are back in full swing by September 19, though I'm not certain why that matters since I figure most kids watch TV year round.

Gossip Girl, from O.C. creator Josh Schwartz, is a drama centered around privileged teenage girls who attend elite private schools in New York City. Kristen Bell of Veronica Mars plays the anonymous blogger who narrates each episode. The series stars Blake Lively and Kelly Rutherford and is based on the books by Cecily von Ziegesar.

I'm simply not the target audience for a series like this (never cared much for The O.C., either), so I'll toss it out to the rest of you: are you excited about this new series? It has been getting a lot of positive buzz, and Schwartz clearly knows how to attract that teen audience, but spoiled teenage girls just ain't my thing.

Hallie

I'm with Samantha on this one....definitely snuck those books in as my little pre-bedtime treat. Why wasn't the OC a book first too?? I love reading the books before seeing the TV show/movie (minus Harry Potter...SO unfaithful to the books). ANYWAY, I'm pumped that Serena is being played by Blake Lively. She's one of the best actresses in young Hollywood, so I hope she'll keep up her rep through the series. Who's the girl playing Blair?

August 21 2007 at 11:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sophie

I'm so excited for it. I was a huge fan of the books and now that theres a show I know I'll be watching every episode and so will all of my friends. I hope it does really well! Trailer looks awesome.

August 10 2007 at 3:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
samantha

I hate to admit that these books were definitely one of my bigger guilty pleasures in high school. I'll probably give the show a chance, especially because of Veronica...um, I mean Kristen Bell.

August 06 2007 at 6:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kassy

I am exicted for the show! I think you keep forgetting to mention that this show is based on the best selling books. And almost anyone who has read these books will be catching show. I know the groups on Facebook are totally getting exicted for the show. I have seen the pilot and i gotta say...I AM ALREADY HOOKED. It's so good.

August 06 2007 at 6:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anthony

Oh, and I'm in college. So I suppose that I'm the target audience.

August 06 2007 at 2:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anthony

Sadly, I am intrigued by this show. I watch the 5 minute trailer online, and couldn't pull myself away. I need my fix of teen drama. :(

August 06 2007 at 2:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
La-Di-Dah

I'll give it a shot. David's right - first season of the OC was excellent.

August 06 2007 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I liked the first season of the OC, that's it.

And this show looks bad.

August 06 2007 at 1:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply