April 23, 2014

Rosie says no to Trump's money

by Varun Lella, posted Aug 6th 2007 4:21PM
Trump Rosie ApprenticeReality TV World reports that recently former View frontwoman Rosie O'Donnell was offered a spot in the upcoming season of The Apprentice. Apparently, Rosie was approached by Mark Burnett's production company and offered $2 million to appear in the seventh season.

Not surprisingly, Rosie rejected the generous offer -- and probably told them to store it in a very special place. I am not totally sure but it may have something to do with this Donald-Rosie feud that plagued entertainment news for a good three months.

Now of course Trump says he never offered money to Rosie, but that directly contradicts what entertainment chief Ben Silverman said when he told the Television Critics Association that "Donald personally told me to extend an invitation to her." So, I will allow you to draw your own conclusions. I am just really excited for another full season of The Apprentice -- place in sarcasm where necessary.

If you haven't heard, this seventh season, which is slated for NBC's midseason schedule, will be a celebrity edition where "stars" try to impress the Donald with their business sense. No word yet on any celebrities that have signed on board or if the prize of being crowned "Best Business Brain" by The Trump carries any sort of actual reward with it.

My money is on Puff Daddy ... I mean P Diddy ... sorry, it's just Diddy? Whatever.

Mozelle

The Apprentice in my opinion is a stupid, non productive show. Contestants get stupid tasks to perform and little time to do it in. This in my opinion does not measure their true worth as a business person. Furthermore any contestant willing to subject themselves to the insults of Donald Trump deserves the insults they get. A true business person with brains would not subject themselves to insults for a mere 100,000 dollar job working for Donald Trump!.

August 10 2007 at 3:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sunchaser324

Celebrity Edition? Are you kidding? It sounds like an "ego feeding" and how bad is it that regular aspirants aren’t good enough, now he needs to castrate celebrities? Help! ! ! Where's the door?

Right on Rosie for seeing that for what it is. And what, is he going to offer them a "spot in his domain as a reward? Are celebs gonna do the right thing and give the $2 million or whatever to charity? Sounds like a lose lose for the contestants.

That Rosie can rile such a man (it's all about pushing the right button) is indescribably delicious! The fact that he persists in "Rosie folly" indicates to the world he hasn't duped this diva yet; as he obviously senses he's coming in second in the Rosie~Donald duet.

Don't get me wrong, I love Donald as well and I definitely will be watching however, it appears celebs as well see my point of view because he has no contestants yet!

If this fling never flys, Rosie’s going to have a field day. You Go Girl!

August 10 2007 at 2:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dixydlite

Oh my goodness! Enough of the reality TV...it makes me sick...The Donald is one of the most ridiculous people on the face of this good earth. He ran Rosie through the grinder last year for ratings only..you know it and I know, so therefore the last season of the Apprentice was a full on joke! He proved what type of person he really is...and his kids, OH MY GOD! give me a break already, plus, I thought NBC pulled the plug on The Apprentice. I was so excited to not have to stomach it again.

August 10 2007 at 2:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sunchaser324

i did not get a password nor consequently is my comment posted. Confirmation please

August 10 2007 at 2:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jossy

never watched this show and never would, even if GOD was on it. oh wait, maybe i'd watch it then....just to see GOD zap trump's stinky arse with a bolt of lightening as he told him that "he's FIRED" and then instantly volley him into Satan's arms. don't know much about either of these two people other than they're both obnoxious people that think what they say and do actually affects the rest of the popultion. neither affect my life in any way so as stated, i'd never watch the show......yawn

August 10 2007 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sarah

I THINK ROSIE SHOULD OF TOOK THE OFFER. WHO KNOWS THEY MIGHT OF MADE UP RIGHT ON THE AIR

August 10 2007 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RIch

celebrities are publicity hors especially reality so called celebs. kinda sad

August 10 2007 at 1:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vivi

I agree with the Donald is losing it mentally...I couldn't in good conscience watch the last Apprentice....when he dumped Caroline and brought on his family (oh no) that was enough for me....He brought this fued on with Rosie and was very tacky with his methods of degrading her and other woman...he needs to go to a sensitivity class and he also is in need of a major makeover...

He should consider letting the kids takeover and he should sit at home and be a father to the little ones he so feels he has to bring into this already overcrowded world...

I hope the last chance is the last...goodbye dumptruck

August 10 2007 at 1:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
STOPLYINGLIBS

WE ALREADY KNOW HOW STUPID ROSIELICKER IS

August 10 2007 at 1:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carol Ann Henicle

Get real Lisa! You need to review Rosie's contributions to Broadway, kids, Fisher House,and numerous other charities! Trump is an egotistical macho man and the women he marries are only into him for the $$$$$!!! What charities does he sponsor? Whether you like or dislike Rosie you have to give her credit for giving to many charities!

August 10 2007 at 1:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply