November 23, 2014

Futurama footage from Comic-Con - VIDEO

by Varun Lella, posted Aug 7th 2007 12:20PM
Futurama FoxUsually, we don't get/need to post stuff we hear via movie blogs, but when the wonderful world of TV and film collide, strange things can happen. Over at Ain't it Cool News, Hercules posted some new Futurama footage that was shown as an introductory trailer to the four DVD films that will be produced and shown on Comedy Central. Personally, I just want new full seasons of Futurama, without the horrible thought that it might end after the 16-episode run.

The below video is pretty funny, but Family Guy did a similar joke when they came back from the dead. I have always loved it when Fox shows made fun of Fox. I am not sure if this footage will be part of the movies or not, but it looks probable. Enjoy!

Here is the Family Guy return dig at Fox. It is pretty classic. The sound is a little low.

h0mi

Firefly and lone gunmen >>>>> Family guy.

August 07 2007 at 5:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bd

Doesn't really seem like the same joke to me other than self-referencing their cancellation.

August 07 2007 at 3:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I agree, it's a very crapy video from someones cell phone. Still funny through.

August 07 2007 at 2:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I agree, it's the same crappy video. It's funny, but the thing is on a cell phone or soemthing.

August 07 2007 at 2:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TVGenius

I've been hoping for a better version since this showed up a week ago. (Like maybe one that included the whole thing, and the audio was intelligible more than 20% of the time.)

August 07 2007 at 12:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Destin

While the idea of commenting on their cancellation situation is the same, the approach was completely different. And naturally, the Futurama version was much better.

I remember seeing that Family Guy clip when it first came out, and all I could think as he rattled off the list was how much I wished Undeclared, Action, Andy Richter Controls The Universe, Firefly, The Tick, or Greg The Bunny were returning from the dead instead of Family Guy.

August 07 2007 at 12:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply