October 6, 2015

What shows are you looking forward to seeing this fall?

by Joel Keller, posted Aug 8th 2007 11:01AM
Pushing DaisiesAs you might expect, we here at the Squad are more than ready for the fall season to start. After hearing about the new shows at the upfronts, watching the preview copies of the pilots, reading about the changes to various shows, and listening to the producers and actors promote new and returning shows to the hilt at both the TCA and Comic-Con, we all want to see the networks finally unfurl their schedules.

But out of all the shows that are either debuting or returning, there are only a few that each of the Squadders are really looking forward to seeing. Which got us curious: what are you, our kind, generous, and creative readership, looking forward to seeing this fall? We'd like to know. If you feel like sharing, use the comments to leave your list of the new and returning shows that you're so eager to see return that it hurts. If you feel like leaving an explanation, all the better.

By the way, after the jump, you'll not only see the shows I'm looking forward to seeing, but a list of shows that we plan on covering this fall. If you list something in the comments that we don't have on our review list, we may just add it. Oh, and if you want to make a case for a show, you could always call in to our online radio show tomorrow at 10 and let us know why we should add it to our coverage.

What I'm looking forward to seeing: Pushing Daisies, Chuck, Cavemen (to see how big a disaster it's going to be), The IT Crowd, Miss/ Guided, Aliens In America, Reaper, How I Met Your Mother, and the entire Thursday NBC comedy lineup.

Here's what we're planning on covering in the fall:

30 Rock

Sarah Connor Chronicles
Saturday Night Live
Search for Next American Band
The Simpsons
South Park
Ugly Betty

Love the new shows like Pushing Daisies,Life,Samantha Who,Bionic Woman,Private Practice,Grey's Anatomy,Brothers&Sisters,How I met your Mother

November 01 2007 at 6:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I love Pushing Daisies. Its the best show on right now, besides Smallville.

And i thought Smallville was on cw11?

October 27 2007 at 2:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John F.C. Taylor

This poll is so bogus. A majority of the questions I'd have skipped entirely if I'd been able to. Other questions ignore characters that should have been included. Example? The geek question should have included Fargo from Eureka. A lot of questions should have had a none of the above space or a skip this question link. Most of this past week, I spent watching season #1 of Babylon 5 rather than watching what programs were being offered this season.

October 25 2007 at 3:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Not too much to watch on tv. Lot of people i know do not have time. Most of the shows are about supernatural and about sex. Not for children to see. Hollywood is all about looks and being half naked, not about talent. Just have to keep them in prayer.

October 24 2007 at 10:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

October 23 2007 at 8:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I'm looking forward to the best new show since "Six Feet Under" coming back for a Season Two. That show is AMC's "Mad Men."

And if you're unlucky enough to have missed it the first time around, rumor has it AMC will rerun Season One of "Mad Men" starting in November.

October 23 2007 at 6:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

The New Orleans based cop show is K'VILLE and it is on Fox @ 9:00 p.m. (after Prisonbeak). Currently it is on hiatus due to baseball playoffs.

October 16 2007 at 1:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Pushing Daisys is by far the best new show of the season! The characters are great, it's inventive, and, it's quirky and warped, just like me! It's a keeper!

October 16 2007 at 1:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I was rather surprisingly when I watched Aliens in America. It may not be a "must watch", I would be disappointed if it was not present.

Another surprise is Gossip Girl. I was not impressed after the pilot, but after giving it a second chance I was drawn in. It could be classified as a guilty pleasure.

October 16 2007 at 1:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Pushing Daisies is a welcomed quirk of imagination. I hope this show doesnt over stay its welcome like Lost or Friends. There is a good time to make an exit. Some shows have a great premise but a good story told has a begining, a middle and The End.

October 16 2007 at 12:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply