October 22, 2014

Cynthia Nixon to guest star in SVU season premiere -- VIDEO

by Richard Keller, posted Aug 11th 2007 12:31PM

Cynthia Nixon guest-stars in the 9th season premiere of SVUSPOILERS AHEAD!!! DO NOT READ ANY FARTHER IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE NEW SEASON OF SVU!!!!

The big news about the season premiere of NBC's Law & Order: SVU is not that it is the show's 9th season, or the fact that Cynthia Nixon guest-stars in a pretty chilling role. The big news is that Mariska Hargitay cut her hair! How could she? Frankly, I loved her long locks.

But, I guess that she didn't, and they seem to be back to pre-season 7 length (don't ask me how I know this). Plus, even after the events of last season's finale, her character Olivia Benson still seems to be partnered with Detective Elliot Stabler (Christopher Meloni). From the promo you'll see after the jump, they'll need to work very closely together.

As mentioned, the September 25 premiere features former Sex and the City star Nixon as a person with a missing child and multiple personality disorder. These are not innocent multiple personalities, either. From what you'll see in the promo these personalities are downright nasty, as well as devious. It seems that one of the personalities will give Stabler and his family some tense moments.

Enjoy the promo, and let me know what you think of Mariska's new 'do.

scott aka heavy S

I love this law and order S.V.U show. I just wanted to ask why i have bein noticing that i am seeing repeted actors com back to the show as someone different, i find that hard to keep my mind and my focus on the show because they did a powerful job on there last character they played. 1 exmple is the D.A was part of 3 women who were charged for a rape of a man at a party. but other then that i find my self waiting always for more and more new up coming shows. and p.s i am free to play any role, Just to put it out there

October 18 2007 at 9:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tracey

The promo for the season premiere looks awesome! I'm so looking forward to the new season of SVU (I can't believe it's the 9th season. They seem to be getting better and better every year.) I kinda miss Mariska's long hair, though! I was lovin' Liv with a ponytail. I heard that the powers that be at NBC and the L&O franchise made her cut it (which, if that's true, then.... ugh. Sucks to have people dictate every nuance of your life, so I feel sorry for her). She's ridiculously gorgeous, though, no matter what, so it's hard to hate the super short cut. At least it's styled a bit this time, compared to the seasons 2 and 3 look... that one made my father's barber look generous with the clippers. She's too beautiful to completely hide those locks.

Cynthia Nixon looks just perfect for this role... what a great actress and what a crazy, challenging role! I'm definitely looking foward to the end of Sept. so we can begin the new season!

August 23 2007 at 8:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rebecca majeski

M is a new Mom. New Moms don't have as much time to keep long hair as before, esp Moms that are as involved in their baby's life as M is. Maybe that's why she went shorter. Seemed like it started getting shorter immediately after Gus was born and has progressively gotten shorter.

Hey, she looks good no matter the length.

CN may not want a series esp since she does a lot of Broadway and you'd have to have a show that shot in New York in order to do a series and some Broadway. The best bet for her would be a short run series on TNT or USA a la Damages or Saving Grace.

Can't wait for the SVU season to start

August 12 2007 at 3:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BartmanDK

Your right, she should get her own show.. i gotta say i was convinced with it after the ER episode she was a guest in, but either way.. Someone needs to write her a leading roll in a tv-series soon!!

Other then that it looks like its gonna be a killer (no pun intended) episode.. And i gotta agree with 1. i also think she looks better with this short hair!

August 12 2007 at 3:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bebop

Mariska looks best in the medium length I think, like in the picture above.

August 12 2007 at 12:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Desda

I read in some magazine that the show wanted Mariska to cut her hair, she misses having it long and is keeping the hair at home. I don't know how reliable the source is, but thought I'd chime in anyway. I'm definitely in the "much better shorter" camp, I was very disappointed when it went longer.

August 11 2007 at 9:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmy

Why the hell hasn't someone given Cynthia Nixon her own series. Of all the former Sex and the City gals, Nixon is by far the most talented. Time and again in one guest turn after another she'd proven jsut how great she is, and this SVU clip only backs that up. Some moronic network suit needs to find a way to get this woman on television every week.

August 11 2007 at 7:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nhex

To be honest, I always thought she looked better with the shorter hair.

August 11 2007 at 3:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply