November 23, 2014

It's a five o'clock world for Drew Carey -- VIDEO

by Richard Keller, posted Aug 11th 2007 11:31AM

The cast of The Drew Carey ShowAs I have mentioned in previous posts, Drew Carey is Drew Carey. He exudes that non-pretentious, 'I am who I am' type of personality. It doesn't matter if he's host of a game show like The Price is Right or Power of 10, laughing his butt off on Whose Line is it Anyway?, or starring in his own sitcom.

To prove my point I present to you a scene from The Drew Carey Show. It comes from the first episode of the second season and it features the very first Drew Carey Show music video. Take a look at Drew as he dances to and mouths the words of Five O'Clock World by The Vogues. He is thoroughly enjoying himself. This is the same enjoyment you can see now on Power of 10 when someone reaches the million dollar mark and that you'll probably see when he hosts TPIR.

You can view the video after the jump. By the way, this is the first of three music videos performed during the second season of The Drew Carey Show, and was used for the opening credits to the show before Cleveland Rocks took over a few years later. Both this video and the one for What is Hip are my favorites.

Christy

I heard from a interview that I stumbled accross yesterday, with drew talking about his injury on Monday on the set of TPIR. The Price Is Right With Drew carrey will be airing starting the first week of October. I have looked at the air date schedual on CBS.com and there is still reruns with Bob Barker running up into September yet. As of this writing there is a whole week of TPIR with Drew Carey on hard drive. I am waiting to see The New Price Is Right.

August 17 2007 at 6:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ed Venture

I liked the dance routine they did when the local theater stopped the midnight showing Rocky Horror and went to Priscilla. It had Drew and Mimi squaring off to a mashup of Time Warp and Grrove Thing.

August 13 2007 at 10:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

I never watched the Drew Carey show all that often, but I did love it when they launched into musical numbers. I was always impressed with how Carey threw himself into the spirit of the dance routines with such joy. Clearly, he was Donald O'Connor trapped in the body of a longshoreman.

August 12 2007 at 7:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael

Just another reason I'm waiting for The Drew Carey Show to be released on DVD. I'd forgotten just how creative these shows were and how funny all the characters were. I'm wondering what's keeping them from appearing, especially since Drew is smoking hot right now and all over TV. One would think the studios would be all over this one. What's the deal? Surely they aren't still acting the way they did when they just let his sitcom drift off into oblivion at the end of its run?

August 12 2007 at 9:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

Sure THIS is the segment where the show jumped the shark - the FIRST episode of the second season - with EIGHT years worth of episodes to follow

Just say you didn't like the show and don't make such a moronic statement kel.

Oh and I can plug my own blog too: http://www.peitsch.de

It's in german. Ha!

August 12 2007 at 7:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Toby OB

Best part of the "What Is Hip" scene was the quickly edited collection of "hip" shows and movies, including 'The Prisoner'!

August 11 2007 at 5:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

It's 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?' not Who's

August 11 2007 at 2:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kel

Sadly, that's also the moment that Drew Carey jumped the shark, because that segment opened the door to the show going off on odd tangents with a "how can we top this craziness?" mindset.

August 11 2007 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nicholas

*sigh* I miss the Drew Carey show...

My Blog: http://www.pdsys.org/blog/

August 11 2007 at 1:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ytoabn

When exactly will Drew Carrey hosted episodes of Price is Right show up on TV?

August 11 2007 at 12:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply