August 20, 2014

Family Guy Live hits the stage in Chicago

by Anna Johns, posted Aug 14th 2007 9:23AM
family guyThe stage version of Family Guy will be in Chicago next month. That's right, there's a stage version of the Fox show. Family Guy Live started in 2004 at a Montreal comedy festival and then had a couple of shows in LA and New York in 2005. It appeared again in Montreal this summer and now is headed for a two-night gig in Chicago.

The live show features all the actors who do voices for the show, including creator Seth MacFarlane, Mila Kunis, Seth Green, Mike Henry and Alex Borstein. The performance is a compilation of musical numbers from the actual series. And, because it's live, I can only imagine that it hasn't been nearly as censored as it would be on Fox.

There will be just two shows in September 15th at the Chicago Theater. The production coincides with Family Guy's syndication on Tribune stations, which have headquarters in Chicago.

Juanita

Looking for tickets in Chicago, I've got them a couple of my friends bailed on me, and I have a excellent seats for sale.

August 28 2007 at 1:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alex

The latest I've heard, you need a promo code to buy them before they go on sale to the public. You can use LOIS1 or LOIS2 and apparently Stewie works also.

August 14 2007 at 8:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mikelite

we hit up the NYC shows and they were a blast. For some idiotic reason, I thought they'd be doing different episodes each night - they don't. I'd suggest going to the later show, the first night. Seth & crew are relaxed, they've got some booze in them but the train hasn't completely fallen off the tracks yet, like it will by the 2nd day.

August 14 2007 at 11:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dave

Update: The password is "stewie"

August 14 2007 at 11:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dave

Has anyone tried to get tickets for this yet? It seems Ticketmaster is requiring a promotional code when you search for tickets ... doesn't make a ton of sense to me, unless they're just not on sale yet.

August 14 2007 at 11:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply