April 23, 2014

Power of 10 on two nights a week

by Adam Finley, posted Aug 21st 2007 2:03PM

drew careyNow I have two chances not to watch this show.

CBS' Power of 10, carrying on the proud and recent tradition of primetime game shows that involve absolutely no skill whatsoever, will air Tuesdays at 8:00 p.m. in addition to its usual timeslot of Wednesdays at 9:00 p.m. The two-nights-a-week format will continue for the remainder of the summer, bumping NCIS to 10:00 p.m.

A repeat of last week's episode will air this evening, with new episodes airing the following weeks. The series ends its first season on Sunday, September 23 at 8:00 p.m. to make room for Kid Nation, CBS's new reality series debuting Wednesday, September 19.

Call me a snob, but I'll stick to my afternoon viewings of Jeopardy. Nevertheless, there seems to be a market for game shows that don't require a lot of brain power, so I've come up with a couple of my own. If any executives are reading this, you can contact me through this Web site so we can start production right away:

Point At Something: a new game show in which contestants must point at something in the room. It doesn't matter what it is, they just have to point at it. Things get dramatic when Gale Penbroke, a housewife from Sheboygan, Wisconsin, stalls for forty-five minutes to call several friends and family members to make sure she understands what "point" means.

Change A Lightbulb: One lamp, five contestants. Last week, one man was disqualified for attempting to glue the lightbulb to the top of the lamp. Each episode is two hours long.

clint

how do i get on the power of ten

September 17 2007 at 10:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sam

It involves about as much skill as The Price Is Right.

August 22 2007 at 10:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent McKee

You're a snob. I mean really, have you actually seen the show? You say that it involves "absolutely no skill whatsoever." I would argue that it does involve the ability to evaluate what the American population in general is thinking, as well as a certain amount of odds calculation of the sort that would be familiar to most Poker players. There is certainly more skill required than on "Deal Or No Deal" where the primary skill seems to be the ability to count to 26 and figuring out whether or not the odds of you having a high value case is greater than your odds of having a very low value one. Lots of skill there. Sure, "Power Of 10" isn't "Jeopardy," or even "1 vs 100," but then again neither is "Family Feud."

August 22 2007 at 5:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KMF

I can't believe they're messing with NCIS like this?! I'm getting really sick of Power of Ten and Drew Carey pretty fast.

Is the Tuesday thing permanent or are they moving NCIS back to 8 after Power of 10 has it's season end? If it's permanent hello Bones at 8 for me!

August 21 2007 at 5:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Whitecat

Dave, life must be so rough for you if things like Drew's enunciation drives you mad.

August 21 2007 at 3:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

This show might be watchable if Drew would learn how to say the name of the program. When he welcomes you to "The power-uh-ten!" I can't change the channel quickly enough.

How on earth did this man snatch TPIR?

August 21 2007 at 2:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply