April 24, 2014

Anchorwoman is already canceled

by Anna Johns, posted Aug 23rd 2007 7:04PM
anchorwomanAfter it premiered last night, Fox has abruptly canceled Anchorwoman. The reality show only received a 1.0 rating in the adult 18-49 demo. Instead, the network will air reruns of 'Til Death in the 8 pm Wednesday time slot for the next three weeks.

Anchorwoman fans will be happy to know that the remaining episodes will be available through the Fox On Demand website.

I am a little disappointed because I wasn't the only one who was really rooting for the star, Lauren Jones. She's a former WWE diva and swimsuit model who gets hired to anchor for a small television station with measly ratings in Tyler, Texas. Yes, it is a reality show. While Lauren is not the smartest girl, she surprisingly comes off looking better than her catty coworkers who claim to be journalists.

Lior

If you still want to check out Anchorwoman or 'Til Death.
You can do it at http://www.tv3o.com

All Fox shows -

August 27 2007 at 2:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda

I wish I had counted how many times I saw the Promos for this show. As a guide to how much I paid attention to the promos (during So You Think You Can Dance, Bones and House) I didn't know this was a reality show. By default, I watched part of Anchorwoman - it didn't capture my attention - it was blah.

My question is why didn't they open with a pilot and define the reactions before committing to the show and then cancelling it.

The one good thing out of the somewhat hard to follow the thinking of the exec's was that when they burned off the Ron Livingston show and ran Bones on Friday nites - they reconsidered and scheduled Bones with House. Other than that, logic is often not easy to follow with most of the networks.

Sigh...

August 24 2007 at 5:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
thegoddesskiara

Except they might have actually got it right this time. This show was just plain bad. I agree Fox are morons for Drive but i totally agree with this one.

August 24 2007 at 11:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RadioScott

Fox didn't market this show very well. Before I watched it, I didn't know whether it was scripted or unscripted. I thought maybe it was going to be a combination of both. They day after the show aired, a co-worker of mine still thought it was scripted. Those promos they ran during So You Think You Can Dance didn't make things any more clear.

I agree with comment #8. It's getting to the point where I'd rather just wait until a new show finds an audience before I check it out.

Scott

August 24 2007 at 11:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steve

This is what FOX does!! They make shows, they don't advertise them, and they cancel the show right after people get interested in them. Everyone should stop watching Fox and maybe they will actually stick with something.

August 24 2007 at 11:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
h8rain

Wow, they almost beat NBC, because they killed Andy Baker, before it even aired!(if I recall correctly) :)

August 24 2007 at 10:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Larry Hamilton

It is so odd how fox does this. They've canceled nearly every show I liked. I get really into a show and then they kill it. Like John Doe. Right at a freaking cliff hanger season finale. They don't give much a chance. I can't wait for the day when TV shows are marketed through something like itunes and regular tv and channels are completely dead. I'd rather just buy the shows I like and not have my entertainment determined by a network.

August 24 2007 at 10:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

I just don't get it. I can't say I really saw FOX advertise the show. And then cancel it after 1 ep. Did they ever seriously plan on show it?

This just doesn't make sence. They already paid for the show. Why not give it a shot. Show the run and see if someone would want to see the show.

Star Trek would never survive now.

August 24 2007 at 10:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cody

Did someone mention this, Drive, and Firefly in the same sentence? I've seen all three, and I really think that's unfair to Drive and Firefly. This didn't really deserve to stick around. Those shows, on the other hand, were good.

August 24 2007 at 12:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

Wow, canceled before I even have a chance to watch it on my DVR. Wold someone please remind me why I even bother watching new shows?

August 24 2007 at 12:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply