A guide to what's on Labor Day weekend
by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 1st 2007 7:40AM
Ah, September. This means the horrible, horrible month of August and the summer in general are going away. Thank God.
Labor Day is the unofficial "last hurrah" for summer, and there are a bunch of special shows and marathons on this three day weekend. Here's the day by day breakdown.
Saturday, September 1:
- CBS has coverage of the U.S. Open starting at 11am, while USA takes over at 7pm.
- ESPN and ESPN2 each have college football games, starting at noon: East Carolina vs. Virginia Tech on ESPN and Alabama-Birmingham vs. Michigan State on ESPN2.
- ABC has more college football at 8pm, Tennessee vs. California.
Sunday, September 2:
- AMC has a Mad Men marathon starting at 10am.
- Bravo has a Real Housewives of Orange County marathon starting at 10am.
- CBS has more U.S. Open coverage at 11am, and USA's coverage starts at 7pm.
- The Cartoon Network has a Tom & Jerry marathon starting at 11:30.
- The Travel Channel has an Into Alaska with Jeff Corwin marathon starting at noon.
- Nickelodeon has a Drake & Josh marathon at 12:30pm.
- The Jerry Lewis MDA Labor Day Telethon starts at 9pm (check local listings). It runs until late afternoon/early evening on Monday, depending on your station.
Monday, September 3, Labor Day:
- USA has a Law and Order: SVU marathon starting at 6am.
- A&E has a CSI: Miami marathon at 8am.
- TLC has a Little People, Big World starting at 9am.
- The Travel Channel has an Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations marathon at 9am.
- BBC America has a Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares starting at 9am.
- TNT has a marathon for The Closer starting at 10am.
- Disney has a new Suite Life of Zack & Cody marathon at 10am.
- CBS has more U.S. Open coverage at 11am and USA has coverage starting at 7pm.
- Also at 11am: ABC Family has a Kyle XY marathon.
- HGTV has a Design Star marathon at noon.