What to expect in season 7 of Smallville
by Isabelle Carreau, posted Sep 4th 2007 10:02AM
Last May, when the sixth season finale of Smallville aired, a lot of TV fans were left wondering if Lana Lang, Chloe, and Lionel were dead or alive. Thanks to spoilers, we learned the fate of two of these characters pretty quickly. However, the third one kept us wondering, especially since the contract of the person playing that character was up in the air. Negotiations took so long that the show started shooting new episodes not even knowing if that character would be back or not. Want to know if all those three characters are back? Curious about new storylines and which characters from the past will resurface? Wait no more, we bring you answers!
- Kara, aka Supergirl, will be a major player this season. She has all of Clark's powers, including some he yet has to develop (read here that she can fly). Her rebellious demeanor will put her at odds with Clark but will intrigue Lex. She will potentially be a love interest for Jimmy Olsen.
- Lara, Supergirl's aunt and more than likely Clark's birth mother, will appear in one episode.
- There will be a new editor at the Daily Planet. Grant will appear in at least six episodes and may date Lois.
- Martha now resides in Washington, D.C., so don't expect to see much of her this season.
- In the premiere, Lex will be saved by Supergirl while Clark rescues Chloe. Expect Lex to not only try to find of Lana's whereabouts and fate but learn who saved him.
- Kara will get a job at the Talon.
- A man named Curtis Knox (played by Dean Cain) will be able to "cure" meteor freaks. In his episode, expect to see past freaks to return such as Sasha Goodman ("Drone"). Chloe is particularly interested in what Knox has to offer (maybe she wants him to cure her?). Knox seems to have a business relationship with Lex.
- Lionel is held against his will in a cabin for a while.
- The Martian Manhunter will appear in a few episodes. Green Arrow is said to return but only in the second half of the season. We may see other Justice Leaguers but nothing is confirmed yet. A villain from the past will also resurface but we don't know whom yet (some speculate it might be Brainiac, if so, don't expect him to return in the first half of the season since James Marsters is busy this fall).
- We may see Zor-El in the flesh.
- Oh, and Lana is alive... well, it may not be 100% her since cloning is rumored to be involved.