October 31, 2014

CBS declining to show Big Brother 8 sequester house

by Jackie Schnoop, posted Sep 5th 2007 1:50PM
Zach, the current Head of HouseFans of Big Brother 8 have noted many changes this year with Allison Grodner at the production helm instead of Arnold Shapiro. Starting with a rather odd Alice in Wonderland theme which hasn't quite all come together in the long run to iffy casting (okay, Amber) issues, it's been a most unusual season for long-time viewers.

From extremely crude treatment of others by one houseguest to another who really came across as not being stable enough to be on the show, it's been one brouhaha after another. The latest question from the fans is -- where is the footage of the sequester house?

It seems each year fans actually hope there will be live feeds in the sequester house. Now, that I wouldn't expect as the houseguests on the jury aren't actively playing the game at that point and supposedly can't discuss the show. But, at least in previous years we've seen the newly evicted arrive with a tape of the Head of House competition. We've seen the reaction as they get eliminated one by one.

This year? Zip, nada, nuthin'! So, I started investigating the matter. The only quasi-official reference I can find out there is in this article from Reality TV World -- "However, although Amber is now off to the show's sequester location, Big Brother viewers shouldn't expect to see much footage of her new jury house adventures. Unlike previous Big Brother seasons, CBS doesn't plans to broadcast regular weekly footage of each evicted houseguest's jury house arrival. "[The producers only] anticipate [broadcasting] one jury house package before the end of the season," a CBS spokesperson told Reality TV World on Friday."

Well, that's odd, don't you think? It fuels rumors that Jen never did go into sequester and instead opted for a hotel room. While we know that the cast members this season have strong feelings against one another, actions like this one by production come across more as an attempt to hide issues behind the scenes. Although Allison Grodner has been on the production team with Shapiro for years, she doesn't seem to have a handle on what the show's avid fans want to see. They want the sequester house footage. They want the houseguests to have something to do, be it games, crafts, anything, rather than sit around being bored or napping the days away.

When the houseguests are bored, we're bored. One thing which could perk us up is some sequester house footage so we might have answers to some of our questions!

Darlene Kipers

Evil Dick needs to have assault charged against him for pouring tea and Jen. He is an absolute rude person. I hope he doesn't win. How about some rules for the house.

September 12 2007 at 1:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nick

I've been disappointed at the lack of any sequester house footage. Every week I wonder, what's happening to those leaving. Are they getting along? Are they accepting one another? Where are they? And there's been nothing, nada, zip.

And then, the last show, repeated a bunch of material already displayed on a prior show, and I thought to myself, could this have instead been sequester footage?

What a let down...

September 11 2007 at 9:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C. Smith

This year's show has been a great disappointment. I agree that it was extremely boring. And one houseguest's behavior should have been addressed and i don't think he should have been let to staywithout some censure. Also destructive behavior should not have been allowed. I also miss the jury house feed. I would have liked to have seen Jessica's face when Eric showed up right after her. And do the jury houseguests know that Eric was American's player?
I know in at least 2 farewell messges he himself mentions it to evictees.
BIG DUD this year.

September 09 2007 at 11:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Heather Oliphant

I like to see the show nuture relationships...like when they used to give the showmaces dates and such, I also miss the things like the movie nights or backyard parties for challange prizes. :( For me Americas player was the most interesting thing all season and now thats over.(Btw Zach is so dumb!)

September 09 2007 at 9:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
EC

I really am curious about the jury house! I would love to see what it looks like, what they are doing and if they are suprised when every houseguest arrives.

September 09 2007 at 6:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sam

Calm down people, it was not that bad...you people just wanted dick and dani to go home and your all mad because they are still there...ha im pretty impressed by them and the game that they have played!!! it just goes to show how stupid people really are...the houseguests that is...dick has been very rude to all the guest but they continued to keep him there!! I think its hilarious!! Its all about how the game is played and obviously, all of the people gone already didnt play it very well to their advantage! so that is their problem and yours!! And u all keep saying that your not going to watch next year, well why are you still watching now?? who cares!! and frankly if Dick would have left early in the show it would have been boring as hell!!! He has kept this game interesting from the get go ....and that is why you keep watching!!! GET OVER IT...WATCH SOMETHING ELSE IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT U SEE AND STOP BITCHING!! HAVE YOU EVER HEARD...IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY THEN DONT SAY IT AT ALL????

September 09 2007 at 5:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sam

"Evil" Dick? He needs a serious ass whippin' IRL, what a low life PoS. No wonder why his self-centered, spoiled daughter didn't want to talk to him for years.

Worst season yet

September 09 2007 at 2:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erin

i am pretty disturbed by the quality of the contestants this season. dick is an idiot...mean and nasty is not necessary. both he and daniele are hypocrites.....claiming to be playing a non-lying clean game. can you all tell me, is she real? it appears that she has her face and hair done at all hours of the day and night...barbie has met her match. she is nasty, mean and a liar. this is not fun to watch. she whines and whinies when she doesn't get her way and manipulates everyone all the time. Hobbes would have a field day with these people. they are a perfect example of the selfish, brutish human who cannot live alongside another. amber crying was sickening, the religious stuff got way too much airtimefor awhile as well. while i appreciate everyones right to believe as they do, i don't watch television to see this; i would go to church. while jenn wasn't a peach, i felt sorry for her.
i agree though, jinelle was fun to see.

September 08 2007 at 3:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jane

I have read all the comments and while most of them are negative, it sounds like you all keep watching. If you do not like it then do not watch it. While I agree with some of the comments, I for one am enjoying the show. I am sad that Jessica and Eric are gone, I am still addicted to the show and will continue to watch it. Hopefully the producers will be learn what not to do next year.

September 07 2007 at 7:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paula Holler

The reason I believe thay have not shown the jury house is because of the twist with Eric. If they show the location of the house to the viewers, information could leak out to the jurors about Eric. They do not want anyone to know about America's player, even at the end. He has to vote the way America choses in the end.

September 07 2007 at 12:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply