September 16, 2014

Any Friends reunion would be Ross-less

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Sep 6th 2007 11:00AM
FriendsSince the last episode of the hit series Friends aired in May 2004, rumors have been flying around as to if and when a reunion would happen. Over the years, there have been reports that some of the actors didn't want to be part of a reunion, at least, not for a while. None of these reports were properly confirmed. However, this week comes the confirmation that David Schwimmer, who played the character of Ross, will not take part in a Friends reunion if there ever is one.

The Sun reports that the actor, who was in London for the premiere of his movie Run Fat Boy Run, told the press that if he was asked to take part in a reunion, he would say no. Schwimmer adds "It was ten years ago - and it's time to move on." The actor also announced that, at this point, none of the cast and producers had been approached for a potential reunion.

Personally, even if I'm an avid Friends fan (I probably watched every episode at least 10 times each), I think they should wait a few more years before thinking of a reunion. I would like to see a "Friends: 10 Years Later" type of event. The actors should also be given a few more years to do other projects before being asked to return to Central Perk.

What do you think of this news? Should there be a Friends reunion at all? Would you watch a reunion without Schwimmer?

Tim from BC MI

I still watch the show at least 4 times a month on DVD, and I think a ten year reunion would be awesome. David Schwimmer may have spoken too quickly when saying never, but if he sticks with that response--"The One With Ross' Funeral" seems an appropriate title. I respect his choice to abandon his fans and I'm sure he will respect the writers for abandoning his character. I'd hate to see any member not participate, especially David, but if they have to sacrifice one, well do it anyways. Us die hard fans would like a look into what they would be doing ten years later. Hell, every ten years I'd watch a two hour friends reunion.

March 23 2008 at 4:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KJ

I loved "Friends," but I wouldn't want to watch a "Friends" reunion. It was the right show, at the right place, at the right time. I miss it greatly--especially with all of the reality garbage on T.V.

I support David Schwimmer in not wanting to return to a role he played for 10 years. Most people don't like to stay in the same job for a decade--it gets boring. And I especially admire some of the ways he's used his celebrity status in a positive way, such as serving on the Board of Directors for the Rape Foundation of Santa Monica.

February 25 2008 at 5:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kabil

A "10 years later" peek into what has happened to our beloved Friends would be the way to go, if we have a reunion. I am itching to see them and see what the characters have been doing all this time. Are Ross and Rachel on a break again? Is Joey staying with The Bings? Did Pheebs have kids of her own? But again the reunion must be good, else it would be better to let the images of the empty kitchenplace at Monica's be our last memories of the show.

February 09 2008 at 1:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danielle

Check out David Schwimmer and other cool celebs in this awesome video!!!

October 24 2007 at 12:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ron

Bring the show back please

October 18 2007 at 2:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pernille

To replay to Brooke's comment - If you by the friends-box with all the ten seasons you will find interviews, comments and stuff like that from the producers and actors.
I don't think it should be a friends reuniun in 10 years either. It would just be wierd with Monica and Chandlers all "grown up" children, and actually I think they screwed any chances of a reuniun when making Joey.

October 16 2007 at 5:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MJ

I reckon that there should be a reunion but not now... i think that he's right that it would be cool to have a reunion in about 10 yrs, it only finished like 3 yrs ago give them a break 10 yrs is a heaps long time to be doing something... but there defenetly should be a reunion

October 08 2007 at 10:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dean

I am a huge Friends fan, if Ross has watched it for 10 times... I have watched it for 20, at least, so far! I really hope they will do a reunion, they will just master it, no need to wait, please!

September 13 2007 at 8:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Psychic

David has trapped himself. If his movie doesn't do well or he doesn't get the recognition. He will have to do a Reunion because no one hires him except because of his Friends Following. Now Friends fans have reason to hate him because he refuses to do a reunion if there is one.

So if this latest project fails to bear fruit, then he will have to do a reunion to make up for his publicity flub.
Why say never? He may think he is above it now. He may have miscalculated. He is not out of the Friends woods yet.

September 10 2007 at 2:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Johnny

Joey was better for Rachel anyway.

September 07 2007 at 9:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply