September 1, 2014

Big Brother 8: Live Eviction #9 and HoH Competiton #10

by JJ Hawkins, posted Sep 6th 2007 11:33PM
Julie and Eric chat.

(S08E28)
Well that was a whirlwind of an episode!

My head is still spinning from all of the events that unfolded tonight, and I had the luxury of watching it from the comfort of my couch.

I can only imagine the stress and anxiety the actual people playing Big Brother must have experienced while condensing a full weeks worth of events into 60 minutes with commercial breaks.

Ultimately, I think the increased pace of tonight's show proved to be detrimental to a contestant like Eric who used the downtime to carefully manipulate and maneuver his way through the game.

Without the aid that the downtime provided, Eric never quite seemed to get his footing tonight.

America's Player - Which of the two nominees should Eric work to get evicted?

America selected Jameka which happened to fall right in line with what Eric wanted to do considering his lover was the other person on the block. We moved directly into the eviction ceremony.

Eviction Ceremony #1

Here's how the votes played out:

Eric - Voted for Jameka per America's mandate then learned that he's still under America's control tonight despite the expedited schedule. After the HoH competition Julie would ask one houseguest to lead everyone back into the house. That's who Eric would target for tonights' eviction. He seemed a bit shocked by the revelation as you can see below.

Eric learns his task.
Dick voted to evict Jessica.
Daniele also voted to evict Jessica.

By a vote of 2-1 Jessica was evicted from the house.

During Jessica's exit interview with the Chenbot we learned that her feelings for Eric inside of the house were completely sincere. I was happy to hear that as it would have been incredibly cruel if she'd just been playing him all along ala Mike Boogie from the All-star season of the show.

In Eric's parting message to Jessica, he was all puffy faced and his eyes were red. I felt really sorry for him. At least Jessica didn't seem to harbor any hard feelings considering Eric was inadvertently responsible for her getting voted off the show.

Eric says goodbye to Jessica.

Head of Household Competition - Before or After

The HoH competition ended up being between Eric, Dick, and Daniele because Zach was HoH last week and because Jameka is forbidden from participating for one more contest.

Before or After
Julie read two events that occurred in the house this Summer. The contestants had to select if the second event Julie read came before or after the first event.

In the interest of time, I'm not typing out all the questions tonight. Daniele answered five correctly, Eric answered five correctly and Dick answered six correctly making him the new HoH.

The Chenanator instructed Daniele to lead the group back into the house which meant America wanted Eric to target her for eviction. I was with America on this one because I'm ready for Daniele to get her stroll on. Unfortunately, because Dick won HoH, there is exactly a 0% chance he'll put his daughter on the chopping block.

Eric works on Jameka
Eric made a halfhearted effort to target Daniele by talking to Jameka and he even playfully joked with Dick about putting Daniele up. At least he made an effort.

Nomination Ceremony

Not even five minutes later Julie called the group back into the living room and Dick was forced to nominate two players for eviction.

Dick stayed true to his promise to Zach from last episode and put Jameka and Eric up for eviction. No surprises here.

Power of Veto Competition - Niagara Balls

5000 rubber balls (787 pounds of rubber) started pouring down on the contestants. They were instructed to only go after the green balls. The first person to collect eight green balls and hit their button would win the highly coveted PoV for the night.

That took a lot of balls.

There was a bit of a controversy during the competition because Jameka had a blue ball inside of her cylinder and Julie was on the verge of disqualifying her.

It didn't end up mattering because Zach was the first to collect eight balls and won PoV. During the PoV ceremony Zach opted to maintain his oath to Dick and Daniele and didn't use the power. Again, no surprises with this decision.

Eviction Ceremony #2

With Eric and Jameka up for eviction and Daniele and Zach being the only two people voting it was clear to see what was about to happen.

Zach voted to evict Eric.
Daniele voted to evict Eric.

By a vote of 2-0 America's Player was the second person to get evicted tonight, and just like that the Eric/Jessica alliance was decimated. I said it before and I'll say it again - it was foolish for Eric and Jessica not to target the Donato Due when they had the chance last week. It was a costly mistake but now they'll know better for next time...oh wait, there is no next time.

At least Eric gets to rejoin Jessica in the sequester house. With a little luck, maybe he can actually make it to second base this time.

Eric leaves the house.

Finally, during Eric's exit interview Julie let him know that he'd won $40K accomplishing his America's Player challenges. Eric also mentioned that his feelings for Jessica were very much sincere, and that he was proud to have made it this far despite having a pretty big disadvantage with the entire America's player thing.

I'm convinced Eric would have won this thing if the whole America's Player thing never happened. If there's another All-star season, I implore CBS to put him in it. He deserves a fair shot at winning the game.

We're down to four. Who's going to win Big Brother 8? Make your selection in the poll below.

Who's going to win Big Brother 8?
Jameka266 (19.8%)
Daniele606 (45.2%)
Dick212 (15.8%)
Zach257 (19.2%)

carol forlini

Daniele and Nick are the cutest couple. The only reason I watched Big Brother 8 was because of Nick and Daniele. I'm very glad to see that Dick and Daniele won. I hope they split the money in half. It took both of them to get there.
Daniele would be crazy not to hook up with Nick. He is gorgeous. He seems to be a great guy and I think he would be good to her.
She is a very beautiful girl and he is very handsome. I really hope they begin a relationship.

September 21 2007 at 4:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
linda s burns

I have stopped watching this crap cause I only like Jessica and Eric/ hope they are on All Stars

September 10 2007 at 7:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sis

Danielle gets too much credit; that whiner did nothing but ride her father's coattails. She and her father do nothing but talk about people all the time; you know she does that in her real life as well. Besides she's a freaking waitress (nothing wrong with that it's just she's so hoity toity you'd think she did something else) and she turns her nose up at everything. I hate when she whines, "I hate these people"....I hate her! Her bony self. And Dick? Dick is the most disgusting human being I have ever witnessed. He snorts, hacks, spits, smokes, graps his crotch, digs for gold in his rear and has all those nasty-looking tats all over his body. Yech and double yech! He thinks he is so "real" yes really nasty dude! Go take a bath! And Dick is wayyyy to old to be faking a rocker dude! Oh my goodness let me quit! Ok Zach is an idiot...end of that thought. And Jameka? Hypocrite! Nothing wrong with praying but she and Amber were always praying for a "request" to win something. What is up with that. Ok I'm done.

September 08 2007 at 4:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark

I hate Dick and Daniele!! I want to see Jameka win. She has been loyal to everyone the entire game. She is such a kind, compassionate person and she deserves the money. Dick and Daniele are both sickening. The way Dick treated Amber, Jameka, Dustin, Eric, Nick, and other players at certain points in the game is just disgusting. Dick should have automatically been expelled for burning Jen with the cigarette and taunting during HOH and PoV competitions. Daniele thinks she is so great. I want Jameka to win, but wouldn't mind Zach winning either. Please don't let Dick or Daniele win!!

September 08 2007 at 12:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bruce

they need to get rid of jameka. she has done nothing in the game and coast all the way to the final 4. she will win it all if they dont hurry up

September 07 2007 at 9:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
idella

I love the show

September 07 2007 at 4:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

Guys, you do know that the only way JAmeka can make final two is if she wins HoH or PoV this week and THEN win HoH AGAIN. Possible, but highly unlikely.

September 07 2007 at 2:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carey

I think they made a huge mistake keeping Jameka in the game. If she makes it to the end she wins. Danielle is too much of a whiner. She is rude to her father most of the time and inless everything goes her way does nothing but complain and whine. Last night was a great example. Out of all of the remaining 4 I hope she doesn't win because of her attitude. I think Jessica and Eric should be on the next all-stars because Eric screwed it up for Jessica because of his America's Player role. They make a great couple and I hope they work on that out of the house.

September 07 2007 at 12:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jay

I think that Dick and Danielle made a mistake by keeping jamika in the house because shes gonna have the majority of the votes. best case senario for me would be if jamika leaves and D&D and zack stay then either dick or danielle will win hoh and be the final two!

im preety sure if that happends dick will win because everyone preety much hates danielle because she DID play a good game very smart cookie that one. !!!

BUT if Zack wins thiis one hes gonna make sure Danielle goes home and then zack and dick will get jamika out and zack will win ....

im going crazy theres so much that can happen but mostly i think zack is going to win :-(.

One request that i would have for BB would be to see Nick at the jury house even if its to just sit there and watch...... people are hattting cuz Danielle and Nick make a great couple there just making a big deal cuz she had a bf befor but so did eric and yet no one cared ....

I wanna see jamika gone soo PLZZZ BB make that happen and make D&D final 2 ive been watching everydaY since the show started but if D&D go home thats the last BB ill watch :-(

September 07 2007 at 11:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Guido

I think they may regret leaving Jameka in the game compared to Eric. If Jameka is in the final 2 she wins 100%.. she has the jury votes.

Zach will regret not pulling off Eric and ousting Danielle when he had the chance. Dick and Danielle will be in the final 2.. either way the chances of atleast one of them being there is pretty much a given.

Game wise I think they both really deserve it. I don't care about the "good person", "bad person" bullsh*t .. who gives a crap?

I think this season has been entertaining. The America's player twist really livened things up this season, because if those rogue votes never happened things would have been all civil for the longest time.

I feel bad for Eric and Jess .. but they had their chance to knock out D&D before.. Eric for sure knows better as a big BB fan.

September 07 2007 at 9:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply