April 20, 2014

Find out why DeVito stuck around for a third season of It's Always Sunny - VIDEO

by Adam Finley, posted Sep 8th 2007 9:02AM

danny devitoWe know that It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia was picked up for a third season, but how did they get Danny DeVito to stick around? The video below explains everything, and if the warnings at the beginning of the video aren't enough, let me tell you upfront that the video is NOT SAFE FOR WORK and contains mature themes.

Tell you what: skip down to the bottom of this post and watch the video first, because I'm going to talk about it and I don't want to ruin any of it for you.

Okay, did you watch it? Good. Pretty funny, huh? Also, there's just something oddly adorable about a shirtless Danny DeVito -- remember when he was decked out in snorkeling gear in Throw Momma From the Train? If he hadn't become such a well-respected actor, producer and director, he probably could have made money as a mascot at a theme park. He wouldn't even have to wear a costume, he could just go as himself and children would want to cuddle with him. The man is like a human teddy bear . . . with a fellatio clause in all his contracts. Also, as Dave Barry might say, Fellatio Clause would be a great name for a band.

One minor complaint/question: I haven't watched many episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, but do the main characters always talk in those cloying, high-pitched voices? Because listening to them was like having hot carpet tacks poked through my eardrums.

Other than that, it was pretty funny.