July 24, 2014

Adam Finley: 1976-2007

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 10th 2007 8:00AM

adam finley

Dear Readers,

We usually don't get into anything that serious or deep here at TV Squad, but something has happened and we thought we should share it with you.

Our friend and colleague Adam Finley died last Thursday morning in Minneapolis. He was hit by a bus while riding his bike. He was just 30 years old.

We are all devastated here at TV Squad. Adam was truly one of the good guys, and if you read his work here and elsewhere on the web, you know that he was a funny, talented, special person. I've known him for several years, even before TV Squad, and I'm truly at a loss for words.

If you're wondering why Adam has posts after Thursday, it's because that's how the post scheduling works here sometimes. We here actually didn't hear the news of Adam's passing until Saturday afternoon.

Instead of the usual TV news and reviews today, we're going to pay tribute to Adam all day, running our favorite posts of his that he has done over the past couple of years. We hope you'll indulge us, and maybe get to know Adam all over again through his TV Squad writing (and at Adjab). You should also check out his blog/podcast Raise Your Children My Way Damnit, his MySpace page, and other stuff he wrote. If you would like to comment on any of the posts we tribute today, please do so here, as we're turning off comments on those posts.

We love you Adam, and you'll be missed.

Joel

With the summer off-season I haven't been on TVSquad much, so I am WAY late in posting. Nonetheless, I definately didn't want to miss the opportunity to offer my condolences and respect for THE MAN. I have always had an Adam mancrush which bordered slightly on stalking, but in a good way. He will be very missed. My prayer is that the kind words offered here by so many of his fans and friends are a comfort to those who've lost more than just a talented writer, but a loved one.

October 09 2007 at 11:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donald Lee

I'm late in learning this but this such tragic news. Condolences to Adam's family and TV Squad.

October 04 2007 at 5:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe Bua

My most sincere sympathies go out to Adam's family.

I haven't click over in a few weeks, I'm just so shocked by this.

I enjoyed his stuff here very much.

September 24 2007 at 9:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lee Plummwe

Adam was a great guy. My dad was his high school band director and Adam used to babysit me when my sister and I were younger back in the early 90's.
He was the first person to show us the simpsons, beavis and butthead, and mystery science theatre 3000....shows that always remind me of him.

Rest in Peace Adam. You will be missed

September 14 2007 at 10:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Raheem

I don't usually comment on TV Squad, though I read it often. To be sure, Adam Finley was one of my favorite bloggers here. His love for animation exceeded even mine, and I deeply respected him for it. It's always a tragedy when a young life is cut down, but to have it happen to Adam is even worse.

[I am sincerely sorry and give my condolences to his friends and family]

September 13 2007 at 8:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ali

I went to H.S. with Adam. In fact, we took Art class together. He was a great guy who was nice to everyone. My thoughts go out to his family. I was speechless when I heard of this tragedy.

Adam always had a special kind of humor. He was also a very talented artist and musician. He will be missed.

September 12 2007 at 6:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bon

Adam, I guess God needed a wonderful writer too soon.. Your thoughts, words, humor, and expressions were always deeply appreciated. You will be missed, thank you for all you gave... with respect, Bonnie

September 11 2007 at 11:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe

Thanks for doing this, guys. Adam was a college buddy of mine, and I have enjoyed his writing for many years now. It means a lot that you put this together. It's also moving to see how many other people have enjoyed Adam's work. He was as genuine as he was funny. Unbelievable.

RIP, Finley.

September 11 2007 at 10:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TomB

Very sad news. My condolences to his family, friends and colleagues at TV Squad.

September 11 2007 at 8:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
deedee

My condolences to Adam's family and friends. It's so hard to lose someone so young with such potential and talent.

September 11 2007 at 11:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply