October 21, 2014

Charisma Carpenter to be an Apprentice?

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Sep 12th 2007 4:25PM
Charisma CarpenterCordelia Chase has always been one of my favorite characters on Buffy and Angel; she was a great comedic relief. Since the end of Angel, I've tried to catch all of her TV guest appearances because I knew I was always in for a fun ride.

I watched her play a seer on Charmed, an opinionated young woman getting involved with an older man on Miss Match, a trophy wife and schemer on Veronica Mars, and, this week, play a member of the national chapter of Zeta Beta on Greek.

Charisma's roles have been entertaining but will Charisma Carpenter, the woman, be as fun to watch? We may find out soon as the word on the street is that she will be an apprentice on the celebrity version of NBC's The Apprentice.

TV Guide Online reports that reliable sources confirmed that Charisma Carpenter will be one of the job applicants in the upcoming season of Donald Trump's The Apprentice. The sources told TV Guide that "Charisma is ready to make like Alexis Carrington and bring out the claws if need be." I could totally picture her in an Alexis-type role since that was pretty much her role on Mars but this is "reality" TV, will she really be able to bring out the claws against other celebrities when she is playing... herself?

NBC doesn't want to officially confirm the casting right now. They are probably waiting for the complete list of participants before confirming anything. However, TV Squadder Bob released the names of a few of the participants a few weeks ago. Would you watch The Apprentice if Charisma was on board?

zippersgirl

She brings such great presence, humor and intelligence to any role she does. I do wish some writer/ producer would write a show for her.

I'm afraid though that nothing could drag me into another Trump self- promotion festival.

Charisma needs her own show.

September 13 2007 at 5:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
YouFaceTheTick

Oh damn you and your Charisma Carpenter information. How the hell can I justify watching crap like the Apprentice? My fiancee will know something is up and as soon as they show Charisma I'll be outed. Damn you, Donald J. Trump!

September 13 2007 at 11:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent McKee

I would watch paint dry if Charisma did the painting so yeah, I'll watch her on "The Apprentice", all the while hoping that someone in Hollywood (or Vancouver) will give her a real acting job that lasts more than a few episodes.

September 13 2007 at 3:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mariah

I haven't watched the Apprentice since the first season, but I'm willing to be dragged back in for the sake of Charisma Carpenter and I suspect there are a few cult fan who'll do so, too. Probably not that many, but maybe there are some Nielsen families in there.
I'm one of those a long time Buffy fan who will probably never give up on the series alum. Except Sarah Michelle Gellar, thanks to the shady stories about her behavior on set.

September 12 2007 at 11:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Viv

Sorry to inform you guys but Jeff Gordon laughed at reports that his going to participate in this crap. Not a very credible source.

September 12 2007 at 9:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply