April 23, 2014

Big Brother 8: Live feeds update - Sept. 15

by Jackie Schnoop, posted Sep 15th 2007 10:26PM
I think he spits in his sleep, tooYes, until the Donatos leave the Big Brother 8 house, I am so there! I live for the feeds and RealNetworks once again makes makes feed withdrawals an unnecessary trauma in my life! Once the feeds end, they're going to start them up all over again just like they did last year. Rerun feeds, what a marvel of modern technology, eh?

Okay. You caught me. I'm being sarcastic. I will technically keep the feeds because I use the music download credit each month. But, no. I won't be rewatching the BB8 season.

There hasn't been a heck of a lot happening in the house with just the final two there, but jury questioning is coming soon. I'll give you the lowdown after the jump. At this time, very mild show spoilers ahead.

Dick keeps saying they'll have their fairy tale ending, but I think he's thinking more along the lines of they'll live happily ever after. But when you think to the real fairy tales of folklore, that often wasn't the case. Some were downright scary. There were lessons between right and wrong and there was always a moral to the the story. Fairy tale endings don't necessarily include "happily ever after" until you learn the moral to the story.

I think the moral of this fairy tale would be "money can't buy you love." If Dick wins the big bucks, I'm sure he'd spend some on his family, including Daniele. I don't think she'll treat him any differently if he does. If Daniele wins first place, I doubt she'll shower her Dad with either money or love. He obviously loves and is proud of her. Deep down inside, I'm sure she loves him -- they used to be close. Hopefully their relationship will improve, but I don't think winning $550,000 between them is going to make things hunky-dory.

The feeds themselves have been full of a lot of napping and eating. They expect the jury questions tonight via the plasma screen. I'm sure the feeds will be blocked, but they're sure to discuss the questions. I'll report back on what I hear, of course!

Since the show on Thursday night, they've feasted and caught up on a lot of rest. And, they're bored. Dick's adrenalin rush over the win finally wore off, but he's still smiling randomly and saying he can't believe they actually did it -- they won it all.

Daniele would really like to go home. She's bored, doesn't want to be stuck there with him for five days. I'm sure that's a shocker for you, huh?

Newsy tidbits from inside the house:

• Dick has been playing Solitaire and BB gave them a box with 9 games such as Chinese Checkers.
  • They talked about their former housemates.
  • They tried to guess the jury questions. They're sure Jen's question will be about Jen. (My own thought, not theirs -- I can see it now ... "Hi, I'm Jen. You want my vote, the vote of a positive fun-loving world famous bikini model who's the nanny for Vanna White's children. Why should I turn your letter?"
  • Daniele thinks it sucks that they have to be there so long.
  • I'm surprised that there's been very little talk of either Nick or Daniele's pre-season love, Chris.

MrTNT

Come on Carol! Woops. Wah!
Go Joe! Woops. Wah!
Let's go Mike! Woops. Wah!
Yeah Nick! Woops. Wah!
All Right, Dustin! Woops. Wah!
Let's go Kail! Woops. Wah!
Come on Jen! Woops. Wah!
Go Amber! Woops. Wah!
Yeah Jessica! Woops. Wah!
Okay Eric! Woops. Wah!
Go Jameka! Woops. Wah!
Yea Zach, you da man! Woops. Wah! Wah! Wah, wah, wah! I hate Big Brother! Wah! I'm never watching again! Wah! Dick was mean. And he farted. And spit. And smoked. And said bad stuff. And Daniele's his daughter. And boffum won. And somebody's civil rights were violated! And CBS cheated and lied! And tricked Zach with those tricky questions that only tricky Dick could figger out. And I can prove it! So that's it for me! No more Survivor or Big Brother or Amazing Race or NFL football or Price is Right! Nothing! 'Cause Dick and Daniele won. Wah! We need to protest the government and get them to revoke CBS' license to use public airways! 'Cause somebody dumped tea on somebody else! And that's assault or battery or abuse or something like that! And that's a crime! Or something! And breach of contract! And I know! 'Cause I read every contract to every game show! So don't tell me! You don't give up your rights just 'cause you sign a contract! Look it up! It's written down somewhere! 'Cause somebody told me! And Big Brother UK wouldn't allow it! 'Cause they're better! And everybody loves that show! 'Cause it's better! Or something! And I know what I'm talking about! 'Cause I watch Law and Order! And Perry Mason! And L.A. Law! And the BBC news! Real TV on real networks! Not rubbish like CBS produces! And we should all boycott every company that advertises on CBS. 'Cause that's perpetuatin'. And that ain't cool! 'Cause two people I don't like won $550K. And that ain't right! 'Cause the good people lost! And I know! 'Cause I rooted for them! Every week! And twice on Thursday! And I'm never wrong! Unless there's cheating! So somebody cheated! AND I CAN PROVE IT!

September 16 2007 at 7:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dee

I am hoping that Dick wins it all-and hoping that when Danielle gets home and watches the tapes that someone MUST have made for her, she will realize how immature and petulant she was and apologize to her father. It couldn't be more obvious that whatever caused their rift, it was most likely a bit of teenaged nonsense-considering that Danielle continues to behave as though she were 13 instead of 21. Contrary to popular opinion, not ALL 21 year olds behave like she did-and most would have tried just a bit harder to at least act grown-up if they were on national tv. It's a shame that she didn't take advantage of the moment she was given to try to establish a relationship with her father-way too soon those we love can be gone and the opportunity is gone forever-if she could just stop whining for one minute, she might be able to see that. But whatever happens after the finale, WAY TO GO DICK! You played one hell of a game!

September 16 2007 at 6:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alice horner

I don't care who likes or dislikes what. This is the first Big Brother i ever watched and I think it's great. I like Daniel and Dick. I hope Dick wins.

September 16 2007 at 6:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LC

This blog entry lost me at "RealNetworks" ;P

September 16 2007 at 2:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alice

I think this big brother sucked because either way they got the money and and I think this one about the griddy

September 16 2007 at 2:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JimS

Oh... and you shouldn't TYPE IN ALL CAPS, it's considered rude (and YELLING). But then again you are a fan of Dick so it fits. :D

September 16 2007 at 1:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JimS

SLO... I think people who have faithfully watched the past 7 seasons have a right to be a little ticked off and post. It's a free country dude.

And yes this was the worst season to date. Lame houseguests, lame comps, and finally undeniable proof that CBS monkeys around with the outcome of the show by tampering with voting (getting people to switch their votes for Eric to stay).

September 16 2007 at 1:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SLO

COME ON ... KNOCK IT OFF ALREADY ... IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE SHOW, OR THE PEOPLE - IT'S OKAY, JUST DON'T WATCH. PERIOD. CBS DEFINITELY HAS HUGE OTHER SHOWS THAT PEOPLE MAY OR MAY NOT ENJOY AS WELL ... SUCH AS CSI, SURVIVOR ... IT'S ALL A MATTER OF OPINION - AND IT'S OKAY IF ONE OF THE "CBS" SHOWS RUB YOU THE WRONG WAY - JUST DON'T WATCH IT!!!! DO YOU WATCH ALL NBC, ABC, OR FOX SHOWS - I PERSONALLY CAN'T STAND THE SIMPSONS OR FAMILY GUY, AND I'M ALL FOR DATELINE'S TO CATCH A PREDATOR HOWEVER I'M TIRED OF WATCHING IT, THE LIST & SHOWS ARE ENDLESS - BUT OTHER PEOPLE LOVE WHAT I HATE & VICE VERSA! IT BOILS DOWN TO CHOICE - PEOPLE - FREEDOM OF CHOICE!!! ISN'T IT GREAT? WATCH WHAT YOU WANT & LIKE ... NOT EVERY SHOW IS FOR EVERY PERSON! GET OFF CBS' BACK.

September 16 2007 at 10:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lorieann

Thhe Donato's being included in more reality TV shows on CBS!? No comment. I wonder how other stations reality TV shows are? Gee, I must check them out more and drop CBS.

September 16 2007 at 8:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
snarky1

I haven't watched since Jen's departure. Dick just rubs me the wrong way and I truly believe CBS played foul with this season of BB8.

I do read your recaps, Jackie, 'cause you're fabulous! Thank you for persevering through this season!

Oh, I read somewhere that ED is a felon. If that's true, again shame on CBS. Also, I read that the Donato's will have a future with gigs on CBS reality shows, like TAR.....

Yuck.