July 25, 2014

Big Brother 8: Live feeds update - Sept 17

by Jackie Schnoop, posted Sep 17th 2007 4:23PM
Is Dick really Evel?There was a new development inside the Big Brother 8 house during last night and well into the wee hours of this morning. But I can't tell you about it. Well, to be more exact, I can't tell you right here about it.

Y'see, it may be looked upon as a spoiler and I can't write about spoilers on the main page. If I do, the Spoilers Gods will rescind my license to spoil. I tried to get a license to kill, but the best I could do was get a license to spoil. If that's ever revoked, I will be bereft -- a woman without a cause, a princess without a purpose.

Have I wasted enough space to get the jump? Yes? Good, show spoilers for the finale can be read after the jump. You've been warned.

The big development? Well, the Donatos talked! Yes, they actually talked! After spending most of yesterday avoiding each other -- when Dick slept, Daniele would get up, if Dick was up Daniele would head to bed -- they finally talked to each other. Like real conversations and everything! I just wasn't expecting that, were you?

Of course, most of what they talked about was trashing their previous housemates, but it's a start in a loving father and daughter relationship. A baby step to peace, love, and understanding. It may even last until one is declared the winner and gap between them widens once again.

However, their discussions shed a bit more light on the blocked jury questioning which is the big mystery between us and tomorrow night's season finale. Here's what I could glean about the jury questioning period:
  • Jen's question was along the lines of -- "Why should I vote for you to win?" Jen went on to say she didn't want to vote for either of them, but knows she has to vote for one of them.
  • Eric asked Dick why each person here didn't deserve to be in the final two. (It seems he meant the jury members, not Dick and Daniele.) Dick says: "Amber doesn't belong in the final two, Jen doesn't belong in the final two, Dustin doesn't belong in the final two." That's all he said on the feeds. I don't know if he thinks others did deserve it or not.
  • Eric asked Daniele to tell him three reasons she shouldn't win. She gave him one -- she wasn't going to attack him (Dick?), wasn't going to campaign.
  • Amber called Daniele pathetic in her piece. Daniele said she didn't want her vote anyway.
Daniele, although she has calmed down, is still irked that Dick told the jury he did all of the dirty work. She said it makes it sound like she didn't do anything in the game. She said she had to play two games -- her own, then damage control for her father.

Daniele still thinks all of the jury members hate her. She hates them! She thinks that Dick will get the jury vote for the win. Dick isn't as sure as she is about that. He pointed out to her that he was nasty to each one of the jurors at different times.

In other house news, they started an accidental oven fire which necessitated the use of a fire extinguisher to put out. They also talked about the mysterious blue ball in Jameka's tube during the Niagara Balls competition. I don't think they're sure that BB is right when they told them it was purely an accident -- a bouncing ball fell in the tube. They think Zach might have done it. They think the mustarding of Jen's shirt was either Nick or Eric, the hinky votes Eric.

They stayed up until almost the dawn talking and didn't bicker once. Could it be a new beginning for the Donatos? Later today will tell. Right now Daniele is out sunning and Dick is still in bed.

DaniFan

I was disappointed in the finale. I was a D&D fan whole way through. I do not think that the Jury nor america really thought it through on who deserved to win this game. Let's break it down. America choice ED because why? His ignorance, he made the show this season. So Eric had no choice but to vote for him and try to get the others to vote the same way because it was what American wanted. Jessica is so easy to manipulate that she would do whatever Eric was doing just because she is so star struck by him. Dustin I do not understand his voting process at all. Ambers vote was out of pure jealousy of Dani. What does Dani's personal life have to do with how she played this game. Dustin and Amber were just jealous of her because they could not have Nick. Zach ok I can understand him voting for Dick especially after they went head to head in the first and last part of the final HOH competition. Dick gained a little respect from Zach there. Jen her vote for Dani was just out of pure hatred for ED. Jameka is the only one who knew who deserved the win and who played a more strategic, competitive and respectful game. ED was not the big mastermind he claimed to the Jury to be. Dani may have wined and cried at her father but ED would of never made it as far as he did if not for Dani winning 5 POV's and 2 HOH's and to the fact that america saved him that week by having Eric campaign to get Dustin out. Yes, I will give ED his credit simply because He did win one POV and took Dani off the block and three HOH's but I do not see where anyone thinks that Dani rode her father's coat tail. I do not see. They both played the game for each other. But I think Dani should have took it all. But boy for america thinking ED is so amicable that he will share his winnings with his family, How is that possible. He exclaimed last night, how he is going to travel around the world for awhile. I did not here one mention of the family come out of his mouth. But on a lighter note, I would love to see another all star BB with Dani and Jani in it. Have them pair up and dominate the house. That would be awesome. Later.

September 19 2007 at 10:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tom

free speech, carol. First Amendment to the Constitution says you can pretty much say whatever you want about someone to someone.

September 19 2007 at 2:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Side Show Bob!

This Big Brother season did have its' questionable times and events and competitions, but it is near completion and time to move on to another topic. Whether it returns in the summer, only the television gods know for sure, but for me personally i've enjoyed it and have a feeling that the "Donados" are once again father and daughter and the bad blood between them has had a transfusion and now the bloodlines have been flushed and filled with good blood and are helping with their attempts to become a family not just two contestants on a reality game show.

September 18 2007 at 4:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sam

These two suck hard

September 18 2007 at 2:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joycetorre

I have watched all BB espisodes for yrs. I have Showttime and Live Feeeds, Dan and DIck have made this show this year, what charaacters....Great show CBS

September 18 2007 at 12:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joycetorre

September 18 2007 at 12:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chester

Jackie,
I am glad you'll be reviewing my other two favourite reality shows. Totally addicted to Survivour and the Amazing Race actually makes my heart race at times.

Sunday's BB was a snooze fest for me......when Amber starred in her cry-a-thons I actually turned the volume off and kept it there when the praying started up with Jameka.

September 17 2007 at 7:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jackie Schnoop

Chester - Apparently they don't have much else to talk about. Their talk of the jury questioning wasn't on the show ... yet.

Star - I'll be reviewing Survivor 15: China episodes right here on TV Squad. In the past I've reviewed the show on my personal blog. A quick Google for Jackie's TV Blog will get you there. Survivor, Amazing Race, and Big Brother are my big three reality shows.

September 17 2007 at 7:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Star

I think if ED wins, then Dani will stay close to him..or as close as a cold, spoiled brat like her knows how to! if she wins..forget it!! He will be history again. What I don't understand is.......I heard on a different site that Vincent supposedly blogged and said that the whole war was all about Dani having borrowed money(no amount stated but I would guess in at least the 4 digits)and so everytime ED tried to phone her she wouldn't answer his calls cuz she didn't want to pay him back!!! Fits right in with my image of her but how does this make her dad the bad guy in any of this?? He was probably just calling to talk to his daughter and she was feeling guilty and paranoid so she avoided him. The way to make it right would be for her to pay him back out of her winnings but WHO sees that happeing?? Anyone...anyone???*squints out over blogland* Ya..me neither!!

BTW..Jackie....I have gotten so totally addicted to reading here everyday and posting that I was wondering if you have a Survivor blog here at the same place? I have never watched a season of Survivor before but I think I am going to need something to wean me off of this blog and watching Showtoo everynite..lol I think just by virtue of it being in China this year it might be interesting if only as a travelog.
Anyway..TTFN.....and GO DICK!!!!!

September 17 2007 at 6:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
carol

i do not think that dick should have been allowed to verbal abuse the house guest the way he did. isn't that against the law?

September 17 2007 at 5:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply