October 31, 2014

Eureka: Maneater

by Will O'Brien, posted Sep 19th 2007 1:22AM
Taggart gets turned into an experiment behind glass himself.
(S02E11) I still get the feeling that they swapped a couple of episodes around, but things definitely feel like they're finally back on track. The opening scene had me questioning my sanity just a bit, but I enjoyed the writers joke on everyone who saw the preview. Considering SciFi's generally misleading preview bits, it was a nice to see the show take advantage of it.

The exploding toilet was awesome! The bowl sliding across the floor reminded me of the cast iron toilet drain I found in my back yard, but it was one of those great moments.

Jack was certainly a bit distracted by her behavior, but the Mole's wife was pretty obviously carrying two lunches when she left Cafe Diem. He's usually a bit faster to pick up on these things - but then again, the cafe did explode almost immediately after that.

Lexa Doig (Wife o' Micheal Shanks) did a fantastic job in her guest spot. Despite watching Andromeda on and off, it took me a few minutes to place her. The scene where she and Allison go after Carter and start fighting over him was hilarious (especially with Stark's commentary).

I had the feeling that Callie might give up on Jack. It takes a unique person to deal with the situations that only Eureka could create. They might have a chance if everything stops exploding around them. Still, it might have been fun to see what happened if she got too close.

Considering Taggart's experiment, turning him into an experiment behind a giant glass window was delicious irony. His feeble G'Days absolutely made the scene. Making him take off all his clothes was a little bit over the top.

It was a bit odd that they just now shut Henry out of the lab. It's apparent that Allison is trying to protect Kevin, but it's a bit of a risk - Henry is a very intelligent and driven individual. He made it clear that he's not stopping just because they decided to keep him out of the lab.

I'm also surprised that Allison is so passive with Stark. She didn't have a problem shutting the door on Henry, but she sounded like she was pleading with Stark to let her bring Jack in on the situation with Kevin. Knowing Henry, he's certain to have copied the data he needed to sift through. I doubt he would have assumed that he'd keep access to the lab indefinitely.

This was one of the best episodes of Eureka lately. It really tied things together, and the characters all made some interesting developments. Jack and Jo both on the personal front; Allison and Stark on the secret agenda front and Henry definitely seems to be heading in a disturbing direction. I'm hoping that he'll turn to Jack, but considering that Stark seems to have betrayed his trust, I don't know if he'll really trust anyone else.

What will Henry do?
Turn to Jack for help69 (34.5%)
Come up with some crazy experiment15 (7.5%)
Hunt down Beverly62 (31.0%)
Become an Evil mad scientist54 (27.0%)

links

I loved this episode, To bad mold spores would kill a person, lol anyway it was well thought out and brought alot of suspence to the later episodes while we wait .

But it seems to me Heny is going down the same road he went down before, thats why he had erased jack carters memmory so no one would know what he was up to, SO it will be interesting to see how it plays out, but im kinda affraid that henry is turning into a bad charecter

September 25 2007 at 1:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bkdealer

Good to see Taggart again! but when are we going to see the real Allison again--this season she's lost her spark and she's such a pushover for Stark. Get your backbone back, girl!

September 20 2007 at 10:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joey Geraci

What happened at the end??? My DVR freaked out, and it looks like Scifi isn't playing the episode again until October! I got to the point where Henry started to confront Stark and then, nothing. Someone help!!

Best of the season so far. Other when Jo's love interest was on screen (I really hate him so much and wish he would die!!!), it was all very well-written and acted, and funny!. Unlike the last two weeks, for the most part.

Best line for me was when Carter said that Stark was basically the same as the Mole, except not violent. "I don't know, Give me time..." Just wonderful timing, made me laugh out loud.

The only disapointing thing other than that Jo's new hubby didn't die was that the resolution to the Scifi plot was again, rather awkward. But since the rest of the episode was so strong, I can live and let live.

September 19 2007 at 10:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mail4bh

I, too, loved this episode. we were laughing throughout. The hands down best line was from Carter right after the toilet exploded: WHAT DID YOU EAT?

I'm a little tired of the henry/stark/alison/beverly thing. Get on with it, already.

Missed Zoe this episode, although her not being in it was probably a good idea with the topic of the night.

September 19 2007 at 10:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

I found it kind of ironic that Allison acquiesced to Stark when he said that telling the DoD about Kevin would submit the kid to a lifetime of experiementation. I mean, isn't that basically what Stark is trying to do himself? I'm really mystified by Allison's continuing trust in Stark when he always has his own agenda...

September 19 2007 at 11:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim

I can't wait to see where Henry goes the rest of the season!

Oh, and a randdom thought: it's almost every week that the town is in danger of blowing up. When GD was built, you'd think it would be separated from the town and they'd have installed an underground train to shuffle employees back and forth. Maybe the town would be safer then?

September 19 2007 at 9:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hollywood Ron

Great episode last night. One of the better series on TV right now.

September 19 2007 at 9:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jigsaw hc

I really liked this episode as well. I was laughing all through it. I hope Callie does not give up on Jack because they are fun together.

Fargo is still a great character. Trying to wear a mask was just the right thing for him. Plus, Jack catching it was perfect too.

September 19 2007 at 2:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply