September 20, 2014

Survivor: China gets lowest premiere ratings in show's history

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 21st 2007 4:21PM

Survivor logoDid you watch Survivor: China last night?

The season premiere of the CBS reality show got a 4.9 rating among adults 18 to 49 (the juicy demographic the networks love). Even though it was the highest rated show last night, it was down 25% from the "Cook Islands" season and down 14% from the "Fiji" season.

I actually watched the show last night, even though I haven't watch the last two installments (it was getting stale for me and there are other things to watch like The Office and/or Ugly Betty). And you know what? It pretty much bored me to tears. Maybe it's just that the 15th season of a show - especially a reality show - can just be too much. Or maybe it's the characters (yes, even though it's a reality show I still look at them as characters). Though I have to say the fact that Chicken was voted off the first night made me happy enough to at least TiVo the show next week. I couldn't imagine listening to him for an entire season (plus the girl with the giant boobs didn't get voted off).

ROSEANN

I enjoy reality shows because it's not staged however, what I don't enjoy is the extremely loud music that overpowers the contestants voices - you can't hear most of the time and it's very frustrating and annoying. Why do the producers insist on having the music that loud? - it doesn't add to the show at all. Another suggestion would be to start selecting your contestants a little better - how in the world can people go on this show and not learn anything before the leave home to help them survive in the remote areas they are taken especially when they know where their going - sorry folks, but that's how we Canadians view the American's - a little lazy and uninformed. Love the show and hopes it lasts a long time - with improvements, of course.
Roseann - Toronto, Canada

October 12 2007 at 11:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SeanTubbs

I watched it online last night, and enjoyed it. It's a good formula, and it works. They've gone back to a more "classic" format, with less twists. Will it work? I don't know. Depends on the characters. I was sad to see Chicken go.

September 23 2007 at 12:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donna Stevens

Missed first episode had to work. Will make sure to watch all season. I love reality tv at least the players and contestants are real and not fiction. Good luck to all on survivor and look forward to the next Big Brother!!!

September 23 2007 at 10:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BobbyBuz

If they want to boost the ratings, they should renae this season from Survivor China to Survivor Tits. It's appropriate!

September 22 2007 at 12:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chester

Bash, I don't even comment on those priceless moments anymore!!!

I have not proof "readed" it either.......

September 22 2007 at 12:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mel

No shit.

I almost turned it off the moment that Asian lady started crying just cause she was in her motherland. This was within the first 5 minutes as well.

Whatever bitch.

September 22 2007 at 2:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ken

I have enjoyed surviror thru the years. Didn't know the new show had already started. No wonder the ratings were down. No ads no shows

September 21 2007 at 11:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MJ

I hope you guys are all wrong. I love Survivor, I love Big Brother, I love Reality TV. I find it all very entertaining.

September 21 2007 at 7:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

"I haven't watch".

Priceless :-)

September 21 2007 at 6:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JW

I actually watched it for once...I watched the first season all the way. I flipped flopped between Survivor and Are You
Smarter than a Fifth Grader. Next week, forget Survivor, all the good stuff will be on!

September 21 2007 at 5:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply