October 23, 2014

Here's a bunch of classic TV logos - VIDEO

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 22nd 2007 1:31PM

CBS special logoIf you're a TV fan and have been around for a while, the TV logos/credit montage in the video after the jump is going to be like a trip back in time, a history of television in 5 minutes and 33 seconds.

Some of them are national logos (Paramount, Sid and Marty Krofft, Viacom, Desilu), and some of them will probably only be known to people in certain markets (Lexington Broadcast Services?). Some of the companies are repeated, but you get to see different logos they used.

My favorites include the logo that announced the next show on CBS would be a special, the word spiraling and coming towards the viewer, and the classic Stephen J. Cannell ending, with the writer/producer at his typewriter and throwing the paper in the air. I used to practice that in my room.

TomB

I'll always remember the ITC logos beccause I was an avid Space 1999 fan. :-)

September 25 2007 at 4:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aberdeen

Wow, that was a trip down memory lane. I love the CTW ones, I remember those from when I was in 5th grade and we had to watch educational films every week. That Disney one was quite creepy, though.

September 23 2007 at 12:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alan0825

You didn't get Filmways with Donna Douglas or Eva Gabor
saying "This has been a Filmways Presentation".

September 23 2007 at 12:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KenMo

Wow, I couldn't watch the whole thing. I'm not THAT bored.
I'd rather watch CSPAN.

September 22 2007 at 11:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bradley Robertson

Bob, I totally agree with you. I was waiting for that one to show up. I thought notable ones were Stephen J, Cannel, Ubu Productions and Dic. Those were all ones I remember as a kid.

September 22 2007 at 5:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob

Can't believe they left out the best one:

September 22 2007 at 3:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply