October 19, 2014

Bonnie Hunt gets her own talk show

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 28th 2007 3:02PM

Bonnie HuntI've been wondering when actress Bonnie Hunt was going to return to television. She's had several short-lived sitcoms (all rather good and different - Grand, The Bonnie Hunt Show, Life with Bonnie, The Building) and beyond her movie work (Cars, Cheaper By The Dozen) I heard she had also signed a deal to create another comedy show.

But that's not going to happen anytime soon, because Hunt has just signed a two-year deal for her own talk daytime talk show. The show will premiere in syndication in the fall of 2008 on NBC stations.

I think this is fantastic news. I mean, Bonnie Hunt talking to me through my television every single day? Excellent. Now all I have to do is try to get Amy Sedaris to do a daily show, maybe immediately following Bonnie's show, so I can have some Super Awesome Bonnie and Amy Power Block to watch every day.

The only thing that bothers me is that the show is going to include health tips and other features for women. Ugh. Why can't she just do a straight variety/comedy/music show? We don't need another show telling us how to clean our closets, find a mate, and make the perfect risotto.

Jennie

OH, PUUUUULEEEEZZZZE put this show up against "The View". And, no gardening, kitchen, "women" tips. Straight up, old Rosie kinda show...this would be so great. I love Bonnie, but she needs to play off other people who are equally interesting. I truly hope this works and wish it weren't taking so long to get her back on the air in any venue. Thank you.

Jennie

September 29 2007 at 12:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Borat

I love this woman. So funny and gorgeous.

September 28 2007 at 8:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mikecanada

yah I always thought that she would be a good person to have a talk show

September 28 2007 at 4:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

Anyone who saw Bonnie Hunt on Tom Snyder's show knows she is one of the best talk show guests in the business. With her being on during work hours, I can't say I will watch every day, but I will make a point to record when she has guests that I like. I think she'll do a great job -- I wish her all the best!

September 28 2007 at 3:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cincinnati Mike

I just don't know. I love Bonnie dearly. I've liked her various sitcoms--though they blur together with the all the same cast, the 2nd City-type improv, and the fact that they last about 6 weeks. And her feature Return to Me was really cute. But I sometimes wonder if she is cut out for a mass audience. It's like, collectively, we just don't get her and we never will. One thing I'm pretty sure of: the Tony Danza talk show route isn't the way to go. I'd rather see her write/direct/co-star in a little indie comedy like Waitress.

September 28 2007 at 3:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply