April 19, 2014

Eureka gets a third season

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 28th 2007 3:37PM

Eureka

As I've learned from the comments on this blog and elsewhere, fans of the Sci-Fi Channel's Eureka are incredibly devoted and loyal. So this good news is for them.

The cable network has given the thumbs up for a third season of the sci-fi comedy, according to a press release that came into TVS HQ. They've ordered 13 more episodes of the show. The third season will start filming in Vancover in early 2008 and will debut next summer.

One thing I didn't know: Eureka is the Sci-Fi Channel's most-watched original show. I would have thought that Stargate: Atlantis would get bigger ratings.

In other Sci-Fi Channel news, the network has also given Destination: Truth a renewal for a second season (six episodes) which will also be shown next year.

Beanman87

Nice,...Eureka is one of the most refreshing shows on TV in a while...looking forward to Season three and so on...

Im so damn lost in 4400,...I like it and faithfully watched season 1 and half of 2 but I really got lost after that...also like to say,...I miss the xfiles, I wish that show went on for ever...I mean if "Dallas" can get that long of a lifespan having the kinda crap they had goin on, than come on _|m|

October 09 2007 at 10:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BartmanDK

I saw the first 4-5 episodes of season 1 and then i kinda lost the show in all the others and i have always been meening to get back to it.. guess i gotte get on amazon and get it :D

September 29 2007 at 10:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shawn

Great news also, this made my weekend!

Thanks TVSq!

September 29 2007 at 11:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pamela

Great news! Eureka is one of my favorites.

September 29 2007 at 8:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Toby OB

I'm only guessing here, but I would think that the reason 'Eureka' does better in the ratings is because 'Stargate Atlantis' has too much mythology baggage which could be daunting to new viewers. Meanwhile, 'Eureka' - although it has an ever-growing backstory - is easy enough to dive into and pick up what's going on.

September 29 2007 at 2:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordon Werner

Eureka is a success for SciFi because it is clever, funny, smart, well-cast, well-acted and most importantly doesn't take itself too seriously

As "LadyOracle" posted above ... they manage to make stories we've seen before (in one sense or another) and they manage to make them fun and interesting to watch.

September 28 2007 at 11:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BillS

Hooray! Now they just need to pick up Caprica, and cancel Flash Gordon.

September 28 2007 at 11:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LadyOracle

I can only express my excitement in gaming vernacular.

Woot!

I love this show. I am consistently amazed at how the writers can take the most cliched storylines and make them new and fun again. I can't wait to see what they come up with next season.

Kudos to SciFi for finally making a good decision!

September 28 2007 at 9:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LadyOracle

I can only express my excitement in gaming vernacular.

Woot!

Kudos to SciFi for finally making a good decision!

September 28 2007 at 8:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MIke

Good. I like when the execs renew the shows early.

September 28 2007 at 6:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply