April 23, 2014

The fate of CSI's Jorja Fox

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Sep 28th 2007 9:00AM
Jorja FoxThe day finally arrived: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation fans finally know if Sara Sidle, played by Jorja Fox, survived or not. Last year's finale had the CSI team not only continue their search for the "Miniature Killer" but also for Sara, who became the killer's last victim. There was a lot of speculation over the summer surrounding Sara's fate especially since the show was doing its best to keep it a secret (fans were told they would at least see Sara under the car in the premiere but didn't say more).

Back in April, we learn that CSI was planning to kill off a main character and in the following weeks, Sara's name started to pop. Jorja Fox was not a happy camper, even refusing to show up for work at one point. This summer, the show hired an actress to play a new lab tech, which had fans think that it was done for Sara and that the new character was her replacement.

So, is Sara dead or alive? The answer after the jump!

Last night, it was revealed that Sara Sidle lived. The character put up a fight and beat the odds. It was a fantastic episode filled with twists and turns. I've taken the time to read a few reviews before I wrote this post and it seems most CSI fans were on the edge of their seats throughout the episode, thought the acting was stellar, and are happy that Sara survived.

Sara may have survived but TV Guide's Michael Ausiello reveals that the actress did not come to terms with the show contract-wise and will be departing CSI later this fall. Minutes after the premiere aired, Ausiello posted an interesting interview with Jorja Fox in which the actress doesn't want to confirm if she will be departing or not (there is a clause in her contract preventing her from giving spoilers). The interview is worth the read, especially if you are a CSI fan.

Let your voice be heard! What did you think of the premiere? Should they have killed Sara off?

If you had the power to rewrite last night's episode, Sara would be...
dead.396 (33.4%)
alive and still part of the team.646 (54.4%)
alive but not part of the team anymore.145 (12.2%)

stormy

I love CSI and Sarah played by Jorja Fox. I do not care for the new girl who is supposedly going to take her place, she is too talkative and unbelieveable to me. If she takes Sarah's place I doubt I will watch it much anymore. I do not care if there is an age difference between Sarah and Grissom, I think they make a good couple. I have watched CSI for a few years now though and I do believe that some of the shows are weak but I still tune in from week to week to watch. I do believe though that if they replace the characters like Sarah with unknowns who I feel can't act good that this in time will be the death of the show.

November 24 2007 at 8:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Doris

Sara has been cut from CSI and we will no longer watch. Nor will our neighbors. The new girl is just as bad as the character of Catherine. We will miss Sara and until you give her enough money to come back to where she left off we will go to NBC. Next weeks episode looks like what Scrubs did and we no longer watched that crap. Guess the writers can't come up with more then how many times Catherine needs to get laid. Poor thing. she is more concerned with getting laid as she puts it then to be with her daughter. What about Warwick who is always doing something wrong? Then he's married and then he's not. What is with that? Do you mean Catherine will finally get him? I miss the Sara and Grissom love affair. I give up on CSI. All the other CSI's have affairs with staff but not this one? Good luck Jorja Fox, we will watch for anything you do in the future.

November 16 2007 at 6:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Doris

We are watching tonight to see the fate of Sara and that will decide if we watch anymore CSI.
Sara is not plain, she is beautiful inside and that reflects her beauty outside. Jorja Fox is better looking then some of the others on CSI. The character is incredibly smart, caring,beautiful, thoughtful, and on and on, and that is why Grissom loves her.
I would much prefer my daughter turn out like the character Sara portrays than the others.
Besides, Marge H. has been on Craig Ferguson wanting to get killed off to do other things. Did the writers not listen to her?

November 14 2007 at 5:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Doris

We have been waiting forever for Gil and Sara to get married. If Sara or Gil leave then we will no longer watch CSI and we even watch all the repeats. Get rid of Catherine or Sophia. We can associate with Sara but not with Catherine.

November 11 2007 at 8:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Doris

We have been waiting forever for Sara and Grissom to get married. We will no longer watch CSI if either leaves or gets killed off. Kill off Catherine or Sophia. Keep the rest of the cast together.

November 11 2007 at 8:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rodeo

It was, in all, a good episode. Better than the Nick kidnapping. Nick didn't get kidnapped because his girlfriend had swat raid the girls father's house while the father swallowed a bullet via live web feed. I like Jorja. Not everyone on TV is required to be a beauty queen. Sara is played so everyday honest that I can't help but cheer her on. And as far as staying under a car in the middle of the desert. She was right to move. How many pets and small children have died in cars in parking lots with the windows rolled down a bit? Once the wash built up along side the car, it became a big dented oven.
It's entertaining reading the almost never ending lists of people who hate CSI or hate Jorja. Makes me laugh that you spend endless time to complain about something you don't care about anyway.
CSI has been and will continue to be one of my favorite shows. I'd hate to see Jorja go. But if she must, she must.

October 16 2007 at 4:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kate

i found this to be a very entertaing hour much better that otther shows of this type

October 15 2007 at 5:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jack

I found this eppi very enjoyable i will be watching every week from now

October 15 2007 at 5:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Josh

I quit watching CSI because I don't like looking at or hearing Jorja Fox. I was thrilled to hear she was perhaps being "killed-off", but to my disappointment, no. She's not very good looking and has the same blah, expression-less face with an attitude to match... on and off camera. If you haven't figured it out, she's just not likable. Let her go and stick with the new lab girl, she's cute and perky, not blah and jerky. Josh

October 13 2007 at 2:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
george

i really enjoyed this episode thought Jorja was excelent

October 07 2007 at 1:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply