September 18, 2014

TV Squad Daily with Brigitte - VIDEO

by Brigitte Dale, posted Sep 28th 2007 7:01PM
Hey, Brigitte here with TV Squad Daily. I'll be covering the TV stories I find interesting each day, Monday through Friday, in this video blog.

Today: on TV Squad Daily:
  • Nickelodeon wants the kids to play outside tomorrow so they're broadcasting several hours of a black screen.
  • Dolly Parton reminds us all that she is nice. Too nice to judge American Idol.
  • I'm oddly intruiged by this: Knight Rider is might be coming back to TV next fall.
The video's embedded below, or you can subscribe to this podcast via our feed. Plus, you can also download the file directly.

Gowan

For what it's worth, the screen wasn't blank during the Go Out And Play thing. It had an announcement that repeated saying why there was no programming and explaining what was happening.

I noticed you unchained the door the other day. Can we ever see the OTHER side of the door? Or is that where the goatee-wearing Evil Brigitte lives?

September 30 2007 at 9:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe

A-Team movie, cool. Thanks Tom.

September 30 2007 at 9:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sean jackson

So I went to watch my Sat. morning T.V and when I turned on TVSD......Blank screen.....No Brigitte? Does that mean Brigitte can come out and play today?? I'm going Skydiving today followed by beer fueled guitar playin' by the fire pit tonight.....wanna go or are you "grounded"? I actually sat in the K.I.T.T car at Universal Studios Hollywood years back and they actually had someone remotely talk to you through the car as the voice of K.I.T.T..... answering questions and stuff.....kinda neat for kids....well...gotta go play!
"Turbo Boost Activated"!

September 29 2007 at 12:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patrick

Excellent Mike (LOL) that was a classic Brigitte moment!
Sorry Tom... I didn't mean to step on your line... I have a hard enough time remembering what i did last Tuesday let alone what somebody commented on a month and a half ago (the attention span of a knat) but still... props to you... you did point out the weird PeeWee theme going on up in haaare.
*clapping*

Murph... Murph... Murph...
First off... glad to see you back... you've been taking Waaaaay to many days off lately and without you around... well... I have no boundaries... scarry huh? You've got to be kidding me with this...

...William Daniels, aka George Feeny in Boy Meets World and as John Adams in 1776 and, of course, as the voice for Knight Industries Two Thousand (K.I.T.T.) in the original TV show, is now eighty years old. He may not want to commit to doing an entire series, although they do recycle original actors in remakes in cameo appearances. They did that, for example, in the Return of Superman, with the cameo appearances of both Jack Larson and Noel Neill (1950's TV's Jimmy Olson and Lois Lane) or Buddy Ebsen's appearance as Barnaby Jones in the Beverly Hillbillies movie (after he had played Jed Clampett on TV)....

...stuff! What? Do you have the IMDB as your home page??? Did you have any life as a child or did TV Gypsies kidnap you as a child and force fed you obscure and mind numbing TV shows from the 50's... 60's... 70's and Gawd help us... the 80's??? The only thing you left out was William Daniels religious preferences and a (Marisa Tomei from 'My Couisin Vinny') disortation on K.I.T.T.'s wheelbase and tire treads!

-- The car that made these two, equal-length tire marks had positraction. You can't make those marks without positraction, which was not available on the '64 Buick Skylark! It's a limited slip differential which distributes power equally to both the right and left tires. The '64 Skylark had a regular differential, which, anyone who's been stuck in the mud in Alabama knows, you step on the gas, one tire spins, the other tire does nothing.

Classic!

September 29 2007 at 6:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

While Brigitte takes the weekend off from tvsquad.com I thought I'd share a JPG I made. It's one of my favorite Brigitte moments:

September 29 2007 at 2:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anthony

Well, no programming = no ad sales revenue

1) Get involved with your children so they don't watch as much TV. Encourage them to be outdoors in the first place, go participate in some after school sports or somethin'.

2) Better yet, instead of no programming, fill in the 3-hr block w/ old episodes Clarissa Explains It All, Figure it Out, Hey Dude!, or Salute Your Shorts, What Would You Do and/or .

Perhaps rerun Double Dare, Nickelodeon GUTS, Wild & crazy Kids, or Nick Arcade, at least those had some non-couch Potato-like encouraging movement.

Or lastly, acknowledge the 22-yr olds and/or slightly older crowd with classic Nick-At-Night shows =) What you kid would want to watch something like that? That'll get them outside...

September 29 2007 at 1:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim Murphy

Niraj - -

It really depends on what kind of shape he's in today. The health of people in their eighties varies greatly from person to person. I'd be surprised if The Hoff didn't reprise his role in some cameo fashion.

I'm just wondering if they're ever going to bring back Sky King and his neice Penny. (No, Patrick, you aren't supposed to remember that one.)

September 29 2007 at 1:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Niraj

I'd only watch the new Knight Rider if they bring back Mr. Feeny as the voice of K.I.T.T.

September 28 2007 at 10:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jonmark Pierce

I would just like to point out that if Dolly Parton married Tony Lama, she'd be Dolly Lama.
WE