August 21, 2014

What's On Tonight: College Football, Torchwood, Saturday Night Live

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 29th 2007 4:00PM
  • Cops logoAt 8, FOX has a new, one-hour Cops, then a new America's Most Wanted.
  • ABC has college football at 8, USC vs. Washington.
  • CBS repeats the premieres of Moonlight and Cane starting at 8, then has a new 48 Hours Mystery.
  • At 9, Food Network has two new episodes of Heavyweights.
  • Nick has two new episodes of Back at the Barnyard at 9.
  • There's a new Naruto on Cartoon Network at 9, followed by a new Bobobo-bo Bo-Bobo.
  • Also at 9: BBC America has a new Torchwood.
  • At 11, Perez Hilton hosts a special "I Want My Mad TV" edition of Mad TV on FOX, featuring pop culture parodies.
  • At 11:30, NBC has the season premiere of Saturday Night Live, with guests LeBron James and Kanye West.

Check your local TV listings for more.

nick

Saturday is just a wasteland for TV. I'm really surprised everyone has given up on the night. If there were something on, I think people may be inclined to watch. But as it is, just about doing anything else is preferable to watching repeats, movies, or whatnot.

September 30 2007 at 2:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Clarissa

Does anyone watch Prison Break? When shows come back they always start of boring then like the third or second episode they just start getting good then when you know it, its off the air again?

September 30 2007 at 10:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mike m

there's also a new graham norton tonight

September 29 2007 at 9:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MCW

@robbyrob

I totally agree. Cops is a must watch reality show. Tonight's episode was great, a best moments episode. I loved seeing the "I'm sorry Papi - I mean Officer" guy again. He's my favorite.

September 29 2007 at 9:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Sassone

Jon: I usually include Spike Feresten's show, I just didn't realize the new season had started. I'll list it starting next week. Thanks for the info.

September 29 2007 at 7:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jon

This isn't a criticism, I'm just curious. Is there a reason new episodes of Talk Show with Spike Feresten is not included on this list while MadTV and SNL are?

I know there are still MadTV and SNL adherents, but, for my money, Talk Show is much funnier than either of those

September 29 2007 at 4:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply