September 2, 2014

Looks like those Deadwood movies aren't happening after all

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 1st 2007 2:25PM

Ian McShane

Deadwood fans have been treated like yo-yos for the past several months. Some days we hear that the movies are a go and some days we hear that the movies are a no.

Take this as one of the "no" days.

And it comes from a pretty good source, Ian McShane himself. He's interviewed by Ryan Stewart over at our sister blog Cinematical, where he reveals that a good friend of his called him last week and told him that the movies weren't going to happen and that the production company is tearing down the sets. He also says that even if the movies were going to be made in the next year, he wouldn't be able to do them because he's too busy with his film schedule.

This is why God made DVDs. Now we'll just have to be happy with the seasons we had, and if we want the further adventures of Swearingen and gang we'll have to just do our own private puppet shows or maybe fan fiction.* David Milch has already moved on to another show for HBO, about cops.

* Just kidding. Please don't write any fan fiction.

Dr. Ron

why are you morons crying for 90 percent of the show was F*ck, F*ck, F*ckedy F*ck F*ck F*ck and a Hey why don't we go Fuck that whore and drink some whiskey and fuck the bottle afterword that show was 90 percent F*ck, 5 % alchahol, & 90% story if you want a good western story watch the good the bad and the ugly.

November 26 2007 at 9:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aaron

Someone's already beaten you to the punch on the fanfic:

October 02 2007 at 11:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alicia

I agree with Rogphi... I'm not shocked, but disappointed never the less.

Tell me again why I have my HBO subscription? I don't think Big Love and Entourage is enough anymore...

October 02 2007 at 9:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dwacon_com

There are words I could use... words very familiar to Swearengin's vocabulary... to express what $%!&#! those $@%^! at HBO are...

October 01 2007 at 9:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dwacon_com

October 01 2007 at 9:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hollywood Ron

Is it okay to cry?

October 01 2007 at 6:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Harry

Hoopleheads!

October 01 2007 at 4:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rogphi

I can't say I am shocked but is very disappointing. This was one of the best shows of the past few years. Too bad they couldn't find a way to finish it properly, but Hey its HBO they never finish anything properly!

October 01 2007 at 4:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
r.r.r.

Horrible news. There won't ever be a show like Deadwood. :(

October 01 2007 at 3:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
R-Bro

Sad news indeed. I only recently discovered Deadwood and would rank it in my 20 favorite shows of all time. Too bad it ended with a whimper instead of a bang... and that Milch and Co. couldn't find a way to make the movies happen.

October 01 2007 at 3:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply