November 28, 2014

Stump the King - Knight Rider

by Paul Goebel, posted Oct 1st 2007 12:03PM

The HoffTonight at dinner, a friend of mine mentioned that he recently met Brent Spiner at an event. He then proceeded to tell me about how a particularly annoying Star Trek fan spent the entire evening bothering Spiner with questions about his character Data.

It reminded me of an episode of Joey where a similar thing happened, except in the episode, Spiner was more than happy to reminisce about his Star Trek days. He even went so far as to take Joey's nephew out to his car to show him his actual uniform from the show.

It got me thinking, it's no wonder people are always approaching and bothering their TV idols, because when they appear on TV as themselves, they are more than happy to entertain their fans. Most of the time, they seem like they will do just about anything to squeeze out whatever ounce of fame may be left in the general public.

I mean, how come whenever you see David Hasselhoff playing himself he's always wearing a leather jacket and talking into his watch or running on a beach in red swim trunks? It seems it was only a few years ago that William Shatner made a living mocking himself any way he could. Remember his hilarious hosting stint on Saturday Night Live? He did sketches about Star Trek, Star Trek conventions and TJ Hooker and it was hilarious. Nowadays, however, Shatner is a multiple Emmy winner, so he's above that I guess.

It seems to me that you can't insist on keeping your dignity when you've already given it away.

Here is this weeks question...

What was Michael Knight's last name before he changed it to Knight?

Well done Jacob! Michael Long is the correct answer.

christine sojka

ANOTHER THING YOU SHOULD KNOW BRENT SPINER FANS:SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY WAS RECENTLY PHOTOGRAPHED IN THE PRESS WITH ROSANNA ARQUETTE(AT LEAST TWICE).ROSANNA ARQUETTE IS ONLY DATING HIM FOR THE PUBLICITY,NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF CRAP SHE TELLS ANYONE.ROSANNA IS DESPERATELY TRYING TO SAVE HER NON EXISTANT CAREER BY GETTING SEEN IN THE PRESS WITH PAUL MCCARTNEY.OTHERWIZE,SHE COULD CARE LESS ABOUT HIM (NOR HE HER). I'VE BEEN PAYING ATTENSION TO ROSANNAS' CAREER SINCE 1990 AND I CAN GUARANTEE YOU,THAT'S WHAT SHE'S LIKE.

December 08 2007 at 5:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
christine sojka

December 08 2007 at 5:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
christine sojka

ANOTHER NOTE TO KIM WALYER SMITH:BRENT SPINER DOESN'T CHASE,IT'S NOT LADY LIKE.

December 08 2007 at 5:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
christine sojka

ANOTHER NOTE TO KIM WALYER SMITH:BRENT SPINER DOESN'T CHASE,IT'S NOT LADY LIKE.

December 08 2007 at 5:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
christine sojka

BRENT SPINER'S NOT A REAL MAN.REAL MEN DONT HAVE GIRLS CHARGED WITH STALKING THEM.A REAL MAN INVITES THOSE GIRLS IN THE HOUSE FOR AN ORGY. IF BRENT SPINER WERE A REAL MAN HE WOULD HAVE ALL YOU GIRLS AS HIS HARUM. BRENT SPINER IS A PANSEY ASSED TWERP WHO'S NOT ATTRACTED TO GIRLS.HE'S NOT ATTRACTED TO LOREE EITHER,HE WAS REFUSING TO MARRY HER.AND I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU JOANNE,BRENT AND LOREE ARE VERY LIKELY DIVORCED NOW,AND JUST GETTING ALONG FOR THE SAKE OF THEIR KID.ALL THIS TIME LOREE HAS NEVER TALKED TO THE PRESS EVEN ONCE ABOUT THAT SITUATION.THIS IS THE REASON WHY:BRENT SPINERS' NOT ATTRACTED TO HER EITHER AND HE/SHE WAS REFUSING TO COMMIT TO LOREE.HER AND HER FAMILY ARE DESPERATELY TRYING TO HIDE THIS,BUT THEY'LL NEVER HIDE IT.AND BRENT AND LOREE HAVE NO MORE CHILDREN.MAKE WHAT YOU WILL OF THAT.

December 08 2007 at 5:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
christine sojka

NOTE TO KIM WALYER SMITH AND ALL THOSE OTHER BRENT SPINER FANS OUT THERE:BRENT SPINER DOESN'T CHASE,IT'S NOT LADY LIKE.

December 08 2007 at 5:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

GOD DAMMIT I WANT TO PLAY TOO

Even I know that it was Michael Long.

You know there is a function in every blog-software where you can set the time and date an entry is posted so could you PLEASE start posting these on fridays at 9 am when everybody is at work and ready able to answer these questions?

I really like to play but every time I get here it has already been answered or I was unable to answer it because I am not living in the US and I am not 40+ years old. *sigh* Please.

Please let me play.

Thank you.

October 01 2007 at 1:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
claudiusturner

Damm, I actually knew this one. But I didn't see it in time.

yes, the answer is Michale Long. He was a cop who was almost killed. The ended up making him "presumed dead" and gave him plastic surgery. Sadly his past life never came back to haunt him.

October 01 2007 at 1:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
NavStar

Brent Spiner carries his costume in his trunk?? sad sad sad

October 01 2007 at 12:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jake

That would be Michael Long.

October 01 2007 at 12:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply