September 14, 2014

Comedy Central renews Mind of Mencia, Lil' Bush

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 2nd 2007 2:01PM

Carlos MenciaComedy Central has renewed two of its shows, Mind of Mencia and Lil' Bush.

Carlos Mencia's show is actually the number one 10 PM cable show with men aged 18-24. Yeah, I know, that sounds like an awfully specific ratings number to brag about, but these people know what they're doing with all this stuff. This blog post is the number one rated blog post about Comedy Central that was posted in the afternoon of October 2, 2007 by a guy drinking a hot chai.

The network has also renewed Lil' Bush, an animated series about the adventures of a young George Bush and his friends Lil' Condi and Lil' Cheney. Wow, I've never seen that show, but that description alone makes me want to watch.

This will be the fourth season for Mencia and the second for Lil' Bush.

pgwenz

So they renew mencia and we're still waiting on Drawn Together? How many jokes about Hispanics/Latinos are there? Once those run out, Mencia will have no material for a show anymore.

Sad. I didn't know 18-24 year olds smoke that much pot.

November 27 2007 at 9:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rogphi

Am I the only person that thinks Lil Bush is Hilarious?
the scene where Lil Cheney goes to hell was brilliant and the classic Line Lil Bush says to Lil Tony Blair
" I love your accent, where are you from, Narnia?"
Not to mention the Homage to scooby Doo, and Josie and the Pussycats woith a weekly song,
Well I am pleased it was renewed.

October 03 2007 at 12:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matt

AC, as far as I've heard, they didn't exactly renew Drawn Together. They're more or less running through a "third season" of episodes that were already done before they canceled the show. Kind of like what they did with Chappelle's Show.

Speaking of Insomniac, I really wish they could bring that show back. That was one of my favorites on the network. That, and Undergrads. When they got Undergrads from MTV, I had high hopes they would do a second season. *sigh*

October 02 2007 at 11:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JW

Carlos is like Dane Cook, at first he is funny, but after a while it gets old. I think Comedy Central should write a huge apology letter to Dave Chappelle; and bring back Insomniac Theater as well.

October 02 2007 at 5:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
A Viewer

Wait wait wait...they RENEWED Lil' Bush?
What the hell?

(By the way, #5 is right -- Bush will be on his way out of office when the second season is on. One may to make it slightly less intolerable would be to replace the Rumsfeld character. For the love of God, he resigned LONG before the show premiered!)

October 02 2007 at 5:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike Davis

"Shouldn't Carlos Mencia be out of jokes by now?"

Not as long as there are other comedians still writing them.

October 02 2007 at 5:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sam

This makes me want to set fire to the Internets.

October 02 2007 at 3:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matt

I can understand Mind Of Mencia, cause he has a rather decent sized following.

However, Lil Bush is just terrible. Stella was canceled for this crap? Ugh.

October 02 2007 at 3:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hollywood Ron

Shouldn't Carlos Mencia be out of jokes by now? And won't Bush be out of office by the time Lil' Bush comes back?

October 02 2007 at 3:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

Let me quote American Das "Al Gore awards Carlos Mencia for recycling jokes".

October 02 2007 at 2:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply