April 24, 2014

Hey sci-fi fans, do you have an extra $900?

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 2nd 2007 9:20AM

X-Files setSo let's say you had an extra $900 lying around and you really loved science fiction shows. What DVDs would you buy?

Amazon is making your decision a little bit easier for you. They have a special bundle for sale, nine different FOX/MGM shows at 49% off. OK, it's still a little pricey at $900 (you could probably put that money toward your rent), but look at what you get: the Buffy, The Vampire Slayer Collector's Set, The Angel Collector's Set, The X-Files Ultimate Collection, all ten Stargate: SG-1 seasons and all three Stargate Atlantis seasons, all four seasons of The Pretender (plus the movies), all three seasons of Roswell, both seasons of Dark Angel, and Firefly: The Complete Series. Holy crap!

If you paid for all this separately it would cost almost $1800, so it's quite a deal, if you can swing it. Since some of these sets aren't even out yet, the package won't ship until November 6. But it's perfect timing for a nice Xmas gift for that special someone. And by "special someone" I mean yourself.

Fred

I gotta go with Firefly too!

Lame wish that will never come true in

I wish Firefly would come back.

October 02 2007 at 10:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Stewart

If it's made by Joss Whedon, then it is okay to buy. =P I still vastly prefer Firefly over BtVS though.

October 02 2007 at 4:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kevjohn

Yeah, what Cyantre said!!!

October 02 2007 at 2:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

Nah. Buffy rocks too Cyantre. There's no such thing as a show that makes others unwatchable.

October 02 2007 at 1:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Stewart

All you really need though is Firefly, because none of those other shows are as good as Firefly. I'm not saying the other shows aren't good, but after watching Firefly, you really can't expect any other show to be better. Firefly is perfect. =D

October 02 2007 at 12:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Manda

Cool. I never really liked the X-Files... but I love everything else. I don't have any of those yet. And how convenient is it that I'm closing on a house today and will have all this extra money lying around? Haha

October 02 2007 at 11:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CaptainAmericaHatesHippies

I like most of those shows, already have most of them. I hear the sound of a huge flop coming.

October 02 2007 at 10:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

Wow great. I can save 50% on shows I already have 50% of (I own all Buffy, all good Angel = Seasons 1 and 2, 6 Seasons of Stargate).

I guess you can really save here - if you don't buy it. The single seasons have been half-off for ages already (at least for Buffy and Angel) so I don't see any reason to buy this NOW. Any real fan had this for ages.

And I don't quite get why they didn't ad STNG which was re-released with new special features this week.

October 02 2007 at 10:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

Wow. That's actually pretty damn cool. And since I only have Firefly and the 1st seaosn of Buffy, it's not like I'll be wasting money on a lot of duplicates. I might consider this...

::looks at bank account:: ...or not.

October 02 2007 at 9:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply