July 29, 2014

TV Squad Daily with Brigitte - VIDEO

by Brigitte Dale, posted Oct 2nd 2007 4:56PM
Hey, Brigitte here with TV Squad Daily. I'll be covering the TV stories I find interesting each day, Monday through Friday, in this video blog.

Today on TV Squad Daily:
The video's embedded below, or you can subscribe to this podcast via our feed. Plus, you can also download the file directly.

Sean P. Aune

Add me to the "Enjoyed the pumpkin intro" column.

October 03 2007 at 11:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JWise

I also enjoyed the pumpkin intro. I'm curious to know if you'll be using that in a future episode to show us that you carved it or are we only going to see the final product and assume that you carved it. Will it be free hand or done with one of those "lay this design over it and carve on the dotted lines?"

Either way the cupcake threw me for a loop. Why? And why didn't you eat it, or did you? AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

October 03 2007 at 11:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jonmark Pierce

tommydogge (and Brigitte):
Sarcastic suggests sharp taunting and ridicule that wounds.

Ironic implies a subtler form of mockery in which an intended meaning is conveyed obliquely.
WE

October 03 2007 at 9:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jamie

"The most politically-correct iPod ever!"... lol indeed. Wait - I think he forgot country music!?! Yep - he covered salsa and classical (uhm... okkkkaaaaayyyy) but no country. I wonder if that was intentional.

As an aside - answers like that are exactly why I hate politics. No one is real. Anyone want to know what's in Hillary's iPod.

October 03 2007 at 8:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steven

What's more perfect - the adorably funny "He's fine" line from yesterday's pumpkin intro or today's polka dots? Go Brig!

October 03 2007 at 8:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Troy McClure

I join everyone else in saying that the pumpkin intro was great.
I've always wanted more websites to have dark backgrounds and even though Blackle apparently doesn't save energy I'm still going to switch. Looking into a white monitor is like staring into a light bulb; it's not good for you.

October 03 2007 at 6:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Go-Kart

First, let me add my dulcet voice to the chorus of big props for the pumpkin intro. In fact, I'd say that Brig has had a pretty good run of intros as of late.

For a cheerleader, I'm beginning to suspect that our redoubtable Miss Dale has more brains (and/or geekiness) than her TVSD persona lets on.

I speak of her TV power consumption story, especially the "Blackle.com" (google in black) reference. Seems like she reads more than just celeb gossip, eh?

Finally (donning the geek cap for today's episode), the logic behind "Blackle.com" is flawed. A darker LCD screen uses more energy because it's blocking more of the white backlight. Whereas CRTs do use less energy (with darker screen content), it's probably safe to say most of us are enjoying TVSD via LCD.

Wanna see Google in pink?

October 03 2007 at 5:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gowan

But...but...but....you didn't EAT the cupcake!

October 03 2007 at 4:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tommydogge

The pumpkin bit was hilarious and demonstrated obvious comic sarcasm and superior acting ability; once I realized you weren't picking a puppy or goldfish I was in stitches. IMHO this definitely qualifies for the 'best of' reel. Gotta see the final product; I formally request a fast forward sequence of the carve. Oh yes, and I understand cupcakes, really I do.

Hey, WE: FYI, ironic means to receive a result other than expected; while, sarcastic means to feign sincerity. Ergot, as the rest of US respond to Miss Bridgett’s very tasteful and intelligent comedy by saying, "Hey, that's quality entertainment, good job B," your juvenile cleavage comment may be more accurately described as ironic. No sarcasm intended.

October 03 2007 at 2:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent

But but, I could have had a worn white today. But it's past labor day. I need to stop with the woulda coulda thing. Agreed.

October 03 2007 at 1:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply