October 21, 2014

Demetri Martin gets his own show on Comedy Central - VIDEO

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 3rd 2007 2:04PM

Demetri MartinJust a day after announcing that they were going to renew both Mind of Mencia and Lil' Bush, Comedy Central has announced that they have picked up a new comedy/variety show from comedian Demetri Martin.

The show will be produced by Jon Stewart and his Busboy Productions. Martin has been a regular contributor to The Daily Show. He also had two Comedy Central specials: one in 2004 as part of Comedy Central Presents and another this past January, Demetri Martin: Person, and a new comedy album These Are Jokes.

I've been waiting for this. Martin happens to be one of the funniest people on the planet. I think his style of humor lends itself perfectly to a weekly sketch show.. I'm sure he'll thrown in animation and observations too. After the jump, a couple of videos from Martin's work on The Daily Show and one of his specials.

Antonio Saillant

Antonio Saillant inks role on, "IMPORTANT THINGS WITH DEMETRI MARTIN,” a television comedy show pilot for Comedy Central starring Demetri Martin. Saillant will be playing the role of Angelo, who discovers Demetri making out with his girlfriend and teaches him a lesson that he will never forget, “Comedy Central Style.”

Demetri Martin has appeared on Comedy Central Presents, Late Night with David Letterman, Last Call with Carson Daly, etc. Demetri Martin is an Emmy Award-nominated American comedian, actor, musician, and writer, best known for his work as a stand-up comedian and as a contributor on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

Antonio Saillant is currently producing an Indie film with Stock’s Eye Production, “Angel’s Blade: The Ascension“. Actor, Corbin Bernsen, is attached to the project currently shooting in Massachusetts.

October 24 2007 at 12:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Irecia

I love Demitri Martin! I have seen probably every comic that is out there and I know it's all about delivery and he's got it. I'm very excited to see his show!!!

October 19 2007 at 6:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kevjohn

meh. He's a little bland for my tastes. I'd rather have Lewis Black. Better yet, bring back Dave Attell! Or that Colin Quinn comedian roundtable show.
Or how about this? Instead of another show featuring a middle-of-the-road comic (which is where I'd put Carlos Mencia and Sarah Silverman as well), they should just show all the footage they can get of Mitch Hedberg and quit while they're ahead.

October 04 2007 at 10:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melissa

October 03 2007 at 10:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fred

Demetri Martin is one of the few newer comics I actually like and I think he's hilarious. If he gets a show on Comedy Central it'll be the first and only thing I would watch on that channel. I can't stand the other two listed as renewed, but I'd definitely check out Demetri's show.

October 03 2007 at 6:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mel

Awesome! My brother and I love Demetri Martin. I just found his Comedy Central Presents episode while channel surfing one day and thought it was fantastic. I think he's hilarious, so I'll definitely watch the show.

October 03 2007 at 5:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
REGINA MARTIN

Ive never heard of Demitri Martin till now. My beloved late Maltese was named Demitri Martin. Id rather have my dog back!

October 03 2007 at 5:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
NitroFrost

Lil ' bush just needs to die already

October 03 2007 at 5:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Grover

Demetri Martin is one of my favorite comedians... I cannot wait!

October 03 2007 at 4:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

Martin is one of the funniest people on the planet? How come he wasn't on Last Comic Standing? [Kidding! Can I get an amen, Jay Black?]

I saw him guest on Flight of the Conchords but couldn't recall where I knew him from. I will definitely check out his new show.

October 03 2007 at 4:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply