November 28, 2014

Isaiah Washington might get a Bionic Woman spinoff (?!)

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 3rd 2007 4:42PM

Isaiah WashingtonHe hasn't even made his debut on the show yet (he starts tonight at 8 on NBC), but Isaiah Washington says that NBC has already said they might want to spinoff his Bionic Woman character because "there's been some relative excitement about my presence."

First of all, who the hell talks like that about themselves? There's been excitement about his presence? Um, OK. Second, Washington is only slated to do five episodes so far, and I think that if NBC really thought he was great then they would want to sign him to a full-time contract on Bionic Woman before taking the chance of spinning him off on his own show.

On the show, Washington plays Antonio Pope, a Special Forces member who is assigned to help and teach Jaime Sommers about all things bionic. Hopefully he can teach her to be more interesting than Katee Sackhoff.

jones

Anyone thinking that "F****t is an acceptable word ought to look into the etymology of the word. It deals with the murder by burning alive of gay people. The comparison to the "N word" is appropriate and defensible.
Hate is hate, and hate-mongering is indefensible in a civilized world. Our you listening, "Isiahwasright"?
You are the worst kind of bigot.

December 04 2007 at 2:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jerry2617

I am not gay but I am adverse to those that cause tension among coworkers on a job that goes out for public consumption. Suddenly this man demands a spotlight beyond that which he had-in fact purporting that he was an actor of more enormous proportions than in my opinion he is. He got fired-he got press-notoriety. And what does this add up to? It puts him more in the public eye than before. I watched the Bionic Woman pilot and decided to give the second episode a go even though I knew he would be in it. I did not like the shoulder shot being fatal resulting in Washington's arrival and it seemed to me just a means to move him into the show. By the end of the pilot episode I was curious as to how the relationship between the two would go, and then he dies. In comes Washington acting, at least to me, as if he is the greatest gift to mankind, and I have to admit that upon each and every one of his appearances during the show I cringed coming close to dumping the show right there. At this point the third show is going to air during the coming week and it is because of him that I may not watch it, especially when I read that this, in my opinion, horse-pucky actor, is talking about a spinoff with his character. I think his presence is a detriment to the show, this talk he made of a spinoff, in the worst taste, if it is true, and if I have to feel like pressing the stop button at each scene he is in then maybe the third episode is not for me. A show of his own? I'll never watch it.

October 07 2007 at 12:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Isaiahwasright

Number 31 ..I'm sorry you're gay .. but there's a huge difference between the N word and f***t . I think you and the other dude need to say sorry for your ignorance .

October 06 2007 at 3:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason

Thanks for the support Tari. Honestly, I was really tired last night and didn't feel like getting into a big fight about racism vs. homophobia. I believe my comparison of the words themselves and their effects was a valid one, though I could have described that a little better.

But you're spot on in your assessment of what we must work to overcome as a society. And I'll get to work on that backbone of mine. Thanks again!

October 04 2007 at 1:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tari Akpodiete

#23 - Jason, take back that apology you gave to #18 - Jet. you have nothing to apologize for, especially to someone homophobic like that.

i am a black and gay, and you were 100% correct to compare the n-word to the f-word. and today, in some parts of the world, the governments are executing gay people just for being gay (direland.typepad.com). try to have a bit more backbone, and don't let yourself get bullied.

just remember that Martin Luther King, also black and straight, supported gay rights. as did his late wife, Coretta Scott King. check here for details: http://thetaskforce.org/press/releases/pr_011507

and just like OJ Simpson, and 'Justice' Clarence Thomas, Isaiah Washington resorted to racist commentary when confronted about his bad behaviour. he said that probably 'some folks were scared by the booming sound of a black man's voice' - what a cretin.

October 04 2007 at 12:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Isaiahwasright

Isaiah Washington for president ....or at least Black Jesus for Christmas time . I agree with Isaiah 100% and feel what he said was a fair assessment of who T.R. Knight really is behind closed doors.

October 04 2007 at 11:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kevjohn

A cocky actor. No. Effing. Way.
Stop the presses!! Next thing you know there'll be rappers with big egos.

October 04 2007 at 10:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jazzie

I would be thrilled for a Isaiah Washington spinoff! He is the most exciting actor on television. In the spinoff, can his name be "DR. PRESTON BURKE"? Can he have a fiesty asian girlfriend whose smarter than ANYBODY ELSE? It could be called, Burke and Yang against the world.

October 04 2007 at 8:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

@Jett: Let's just say "You just don't get it, do you?" - that one sentence african americans always love to say when somebody tells them "What's the big deal?".

And the poll comment is just ridiculous. People take a stand here for a gay person here and you tell them they are totally off and to support their cause in the voting booth. So I guess as long as it doesn't bother you people can take a stand or what?

October 04 2007 at 7:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
greg

its sad that we can know someones political party by someones anti-gay comments

October 04 2007 at 6:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply