August 22, 2014

Wednesday ratings: Pushing Daisies is highest-rated debut at 8pm

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 4th 2007 8:01PM

Pushing DaisiesWell, looks like all the hype and critical acclaim for Pushing Daisies worked. The show was not only the highest-rated new show in the 8pm slot this season, it was the third highest-rated new show of the year, period, right after Bionic Woman and Private Practice (this rating includes live viewing plus DVR stats).

On the night, ABC was the big winner (number one in 18-49 and households) with their lineup of Pushing Daisies, Private Practice, and Dirty Sexy Money. CBS was next (number two in households and 18-49) with Kid Nation, Criminal Minds, and CSI: NY. NBC was a close third (both 18-49 and households) with Deal Or No Deal, Bionic Woman, and Life. FOX was next (fourth in both) with Back To You, 'Til Death, and Kitchen Nightmares. And The CW was fifth, as always (in both categories), with America's Next Top Model and Gossip Girl.

Bionic Woman dropped around 30% from its debut and Life was down 28% from it's debut. Ouch.

Paul

The new show Bionic Woman stinks! I knew it woulkd be bad and it is. It will be gone soon with poor rating.

November 01 2007 at 12:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul

Bionic woman was a BAD idea to bring back! With "The six million dollar man" being developed into a movie at Universal, bringing the spin off series "The Bionic Woman" was just a bad idea. I watched the first and second show and it was just awful! It will be a gone soon I am sure. I loved Lindsay Wagner in the part back in the late 70's. She won an Emmy for best actress for the Bionic woman in 1978.

November 01 2007 at 12:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
The Midnight Penguin

Was without internet all of last week or I would have said this sooner, but wanted to say thanks Bob for specifying the overall v 18-49!! =)

October 07 2007 at 7:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
divineparasite

I saw it, and loved it. No surprise, since Bryan Fuller is a television genuis. The show is halarious, and just the kind of show that puts a big, fat smile on your face. Yet I worry that the show is just too odd to be more then a cult hit. Will this go the way of his other amazing series "Wonderfalls"? A show so creative and original that most just aren't going to "get it". I hope that's not the case. I can't wait till Wednesday, get to another dose of PD.

October 06 2007 at 1:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joey Geraci

Are their half-hour numbers yet? It would be very interesting to see if Pushing Daisies dropped any significant amount between the first and second half-hour. Although I imagine that people that didn't like the style would have turned it off in the first couple minutes.

I though it was very good, but I really wonder where they will go with the story. There are no serial aspects to the show, at least not what I am used to. So the show will rely heavily on the procedural aspect of the show. I really don't know how they are going to stretch it into 22 episodes. That's assuming it doesn't get cancelled, which seems like a big if.

October 05 2007 at 10:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric

I meant to watch it, but ABC had to schedule it for the same time as my fencing class.

So I'm off to ABC.com, hoping it's available online.

October 05 2007 at 12:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Margaret

Life doesn't deserve that drop in numbers, but Bionic Woman sure does.

Hooray for Pushing Daisies debut!

October 05 2007 at 12:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff N.

Life is better than Bionic Woman.

October 04 2007 at 10:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fred

This is good news. I was a little worried that "Daises" was going to be a tough sell.

October 04 2007 at 10:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

This doesn't mean anything, there were so many ads of course people would watch. The following episodes are much more important.

October 04 2007 at 10:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply